PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Giants @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Let's discuss last night's game. Who were you impressed with, any concerns?

My biggest takeaways are Mack Wilson looks like a stud and it looks like we finally drafted a stud wr in Tyquan.

Also impressed with Sam Roberts and LaBryan Ray....can they both make the team?

Let's discuss!!!

Lots of good young potential at multiple positions (though it's still preseason)

1) All the young WRs (Wilkerson/Nixon and of course Thornton).
2) The Jones at CB
3) Bledsoe looks like a keeper.
4) LB kids look good
5) Roberts and Ray

If they can trade Meyers or Agholor for some OL help I would be on board. I'm also not sold on James White's replacement (actually Brandon Bolden).

Cb depth right now according to Zack Cox, we'll see how this positional battle plays out. One thing I think we can all agree on is that SLOWJUAN is not going to make this team.

Based on those start/rest decisions, the Patriots’ current cornerback depth chart appears to look like this:

First team: Jalen Mills, Jonathan Jones, Marcus Jones (slot)
Second team: Terrance Mitchell, Malcolm Butler, Myles Bryant (slot)
Third team: Jack Jones, Joejuan Williams, Shaun Wade (slot)

That third trio checked into the game on New England’s fourth defensive possession.

I thought Mitchell looked good and Butler looked good especially that slant by the goal line. Had me reminiscing.

TT looked good for sure.

Wilkerson looked decent and earlier in the game than Nixon who also looked decent. Lil Jordan showed he probably shouldn't have been playing so late in the game.
Myles Bryant looked very good as a punt returner.

This position is going to be very interesting in the next few weeks to see how it plays out:

Certainly seems deep enough you could see it as a potential position to trade from.

But Ty aside as he might be KR and 3rd down back too. If we ignore Ty and just settle on one or both Wilk/Nixon making the practice squad and not getting claimed then we have our top 5 and only Humphrey left to cut.

Certainly seems deep enough you could see it as a potential position to trade from.

But Ty aside as he might be KR and 3rd down back too. If we ignore Ty and just settle on one or both Wilk/Nixon making the practice squad and not getting claimed then we have our top 5 and only Humphrey left to cut.
Do you think Nixon and or Wilkerson make the practice squad without getting claimed before?

.not surprising being the first preseason game but there were a lot of penalties. Also a lot of time to clean that up

Do you think Nixon and or Wilkerson make the practice squad without getting claimed before?
I think it's worth it to take the chance one of them does before automatically trading someone ahead of them to make room on the 53. I'd rather take my chances on the PS as that would add a layer of depth. Obviously the way they continue to perform in the next two games could make that harder.

Both Patricia and Judge called the offense.

WR situation is the same right now.

1 Meyers
2 Bourne
3 Agholor
4 Parker
5 Thornton
6 Nixon, Wilkerson and Humphrey are fighting for this spot.

RB 3 Montgomery takes James White's spot.

Both Patricia and Judge called the offense.

WR situation is the same right now.

1 Meyers
2 Bourne
3 Agholor
4 Parker
5 Thornton
6 Nixon, Wilkerson and Humphrey are fighting for this spot.

RB 3 Montgomery takes James White's spot.
LOL, Parker is not WR#4 on the depth chart...

More like

1. Parker
2. Bourne
3. Agholar
4. Meyers
5. Thornton
6. Nixon
7. Slater

I can see Thornton jumping up to #3 at some point this season, especially if Agholar is traded

I think the most interesting spots are CB & WR. NOT seeing (1) Jones-Jones-Mills nor (2) NA-Meyers-Bourne-Parker might suggest those guys are indeed safe/slated to play significant snaps. Continuing on that note, while CBs might not yet have the cache to fetch much on the trade market, there might indeed be something on the horizon at WR.

Henry Anderson started last night. Tough to get a read on him. He has been pretty quiet during camp and also quiet last night. I don't know what to make of him. Perhaps we should go with Ray and/or Roberts.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back