PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Cowboys beat the Pats

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Great match . great game plan on the whole . but asked too much from this D after (id guess unexpected) early lead..

Painful loss. Players gave it 100 percent. Coaches not so much. The nation was pulling for the Pats today and our team let them down.

Atleast at this rate, this team is about to get a top 5 pick.

I don;t believe BB has been aggressive in the last three years...I no longer expect him to possess l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace.

Thoughts.

1 - I'm starting to wonder if the game is passing Bill by in a sense. He seems to be against the current when it comes to agression. Everyone is playing with an edge now and pushing the boundaries. Pretty much everyone except Bill. It feels like it puts them at a disadvantage every game.

2 - The Play calling is an issue. Again. Too many safe plays. It stalled the offense for the middle 30 minutes. of the game.

3 - Harris again can't carry 20 times. As good as he is, this is an issue. They need to have options behind him, and they don't have enough. They want to be a running team, but the second he goes out the run game stalls usually.

4 - Again, not enough from the TEs. They had some plays, but not enough.

5 - Not enough pressure. This was a good OL, but their front 4 rarely got there without help.

On the good side....

6 Mac made some nice baby steps this game.
7 The Run D came alive, and is looking better recently.
8 I liked the coaching on the D side, it was aggressive and creative. They just need to continue that.

Can't think of a 9 and 10 so i'll end it here haha.

I don't know how you blame anyone for this one. If anything you can blame them for last week's win which was against a garbage team but they just went 4 quarters with a good team and just got beat. It happens. If we weren't winless at home we wouldn't be saying much about this game it's just an accumulation I guess.

Cowboys
Pats defense didn’t have it today against that passing offense. So logically that means you play scared after your QB just rammed Diggs pick 6 right down his throat and punt giving them the ball right back in OT. Right.

Result was inevitable. Well deserved L
Cowboys should be undefeated, their a good team...I thought we were very competitive and could have won....I think our future is bright with Mac

McDaniels f###$# sucks. Went conservative after getting that first down in OT and predictably we didn't convert on a low percentage pass play. You knew Dallas was gonna at least get a FG why would you play conservative?

Bill should get crapped on for sticking with this guy. Without Brady McD sucks. He sucked in Denver and in St. Louis and he sucks now. Even his wife knows he sucks.
I'm sure both Belichick and McDaniels discuss and agree on the more conservative approach on offense with a rookie QB. But yea, it's hurt them more than helped.

Players left it all out there. Horrible coaching by BB and Josh.
There was ONE bad series by Josh. Otherwise, the players failed to execute. Try actually WATCHING the game instead of the stat sheets.

Letting CeeDee Lamb get open so much was on the PLAYERS. Not BB.
Agholor dropping an easy catch over the middle in OT is on Agholor, not Josh.
The throw by Jones that went off Bourne's hands to Diggs was on JONES, not Josh.

man, they are close. just a touch ahead re: the pick. i am kinda starting to realize those no names made plays for Brady. Love our qb.

2 things:

1) We. Need. Playmakers. When. There. Is A. Play. To. Be. Made
2) We need our offensive line shored up.
3 :))). Mac is a smart kid. the coaches are not giving him enough credit.

#ForeverNE

McDaniels is not good. It is clear Brady made that guy. BB playing everything so safe is not acceptable either.
Going into the 4th quarter Mac had attempted 13 passes. There is some insane reason why this coaching staff does not trust him. I have no idea what it is. But we aren't winning any game with him attempting 13 passes going into the 4th quarter.

It isn't surprising that season ticket holders sell their tickets, 4 terrible home games.

McDaniels f###$# sucks. Went conservative after getting that first down in OT and predictably we didn't convert on a low percentage pass play. You knew Dallas was gonna at least get a FG why would you play conservative?

Bill should get crapped on for sticking with this guy. Without Brady McD sucks. He sucked in Denver and in St. Louis and he sucks now. Even his wife knows he sucks.
So, McDaniels caused Agholor to drop the ball? Huh.. SMH... McDaniels called a crap play early in the third, but you're delusional for trying to blame the loss in OT on him when the players failed to execute.

They are not a clutch team. A blind man could see that they couldn't stop Dallas ib overtime or when it co unted.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back