PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Colts beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Without wishing to diminish the disappointment of this defeat, the significant disappointment, as our good friend Green LoCo(w) pointed out, its next week that is for all the marbles. If we had won last night and lose next week we still would probably have to win out. If we win next week I say we are home and hosed, barring a disaster against Jacksonville. I was encouraged about how we put three ugly quarters aside and kept it interesting to the end. Lets hope this will light a fire under the team because the first 3 qs last night were shocking.
You’re spot on in many respects. I wouldn’t say the first three quarters were ‘shocking’ (7 wins in a row is tough to maintain, playing on the road, rookie does rookie things, top RB on shelf, opponent with good coaching)…. I’d call it disappointing & frustrating. I hope they are resilient and bounce back strong.

Last edited:
Going back to last year, this team is now 2-4 in December. Mac said they had a bad week of practice and the energy was low. Very un-Patriot like as we head down the home stretch. We literally gave the top seed away.

They looked like a team that believed their press clippings from the Bills game of a superior defense and able to push any opposing defense around. Then they got punched in the face, staggered, and only started to come out of their stupor when the game clock ran out.

The next game tells the tale of what they truly have - are they able to return to the confident, but focused and disciplined team that won several games straight or the scattered, unsure one that stumbled to a 2-4 start? Or somewhere in between?
Agreed. I had this fear after the Bills game, when he whole world was singing their praises.
I really wonder if the Harris loss made a difference.

Tough loss, mistakes to a level we are not accustomed to around here.

It will still have a lot of value. The messaging is ... you need to play your best football after December....not lip service, between the lines, #RealTalk.

Indy has a good team but they are one dimensional. Wentz stat line....pedestrian.

We are in this thing, right in the thick of it. Don't.. Beat. Yourselves.

Bill has all the ammo he needs. How are players gonna respond?..... It will always be about the players.....

Just watched the game. I can never analyse as well as most on here but I guess...

Offence was missing until the 4th quarter (when they got going Henry/Myers/Agholor/Bourne all had good catches but too late)
Defence spluttered along and also did not really get much penetration until the 4th Quarter
Cant give a team a head start of 20 points !
Colts OLine came as advertised and dominated until 3rd/4th quarter (I guess they game planned better ?)
We could have had intercepted the Colts at least twice more
Wentz is not that great a QB
Thought the Leonard helmet hit was the most obvious , how was that missed
Taylor is the leading back in the NFL ? and as mentioned in another post the defence was doing a reasonable job with him but not stopping him.
Last Colts TD run was bad with two players missing Taylor
Too many penalties

Thought Rham played well but got hit a couple of times in the backfield in the first half. When he got a clear run he made them miss and gained yards (There was a fumble but recovered ....still think he is very good)
Barmore is good and Guy also had some good stops , not sure on Godchaux ...some good plays but others think he struggles ?. This was a tough OLine and the NFLs best RB so it was going to be a tough battle.
Great catch by Harry but just need more , when he recovers !!

Got to be better at the start with the Bills.

I think all teams have bad days. We were due one and we had it today. It was definitely not a. Blowout and great comeback in 4th quarter. I think it was a good learning experience for this team to help grow mentally and important for Mac to have a game trusted on his shoulders.

If not for the red zone interception it could have been totally different.

Indy run defense was fantastic and there was not much we could do. Hightower and mccourty age is showing up. They are still decent but I wouldn't want to risk with them next year . Need to get fresh legs.

I was very happy with the Harry catch . The more we do this, the more defenses will need to respect Harry and opens up the playbook for Bourne, agholor and henry. I don't understand how there was no penalty on the Harry hit . it was freaking obvious.

Bad loss but timely one which will help us to refocus and go for a 3-0 stretch . Most likely the Superbowl goes through arrowhead.

Now and then special teams have stinkers like this hope this is a one off and they have a monster stretch of 7 more games.

Not in control of the number one seed anymore and I don’t give a rats ass. This team has exceeded my expectations by a year or two. Just battle it out the rest of the way and see what happens. Handle their business next week at home vs Buffalo and enjoy the ride.
Simply perfect
Agree totally

I feel like there were like 3+ uncalled helmet to helmet hits on receivers. Am I being a homer here? Or am I misunderstanding rules?

Really don't understand why we didn't sneak on 4th and 1.

Really don't understand why we kicked a field goal to make it 20-10

Like the way they came alive in the 4th but it was just so much sloppiness and ridiculous errors throughout so much of this game.

I knew that the Pats would come back rusty from the bye.

I knew that the Colts are a real good team.

Mac made progress.
Reich is a former QB so he understands what it takes to play that position. Mac saw some things from Eberflus he might not have seen before. He looked confused at times. That’s a great learning experience. Still, if the punt team doesn’t give up a TD (!!!!!) :headscratch: the Pats have a good shot at stealing a win.

Going back to last year, this team is now 2-4 in December. Mac said they had a bad week of practice and the energy was low. Very un-Patriot like as we head down the home stretch. We literally gave the top seed away.

The Pats go on a 7 game win streak, win every game in November, finally lose one (their first road loss of the season, no less), and your reaction is "very un-Patriot like as we head down the home stretch"?

Can’t say I agree with your outlook.

Last edited:
Tennessee in the driver's seat for the 1 seed if they beat Pitt today...KC drops to 2, NE at 3

pats played like crap against a good team. They gave away 10 points on once a season type plays (blocked punt TD, redzone INT) & had horrible execution in the redzone.

Also not excusing the picks but those were two impressive plays by the colts LBs. Disappointing however they showed something coming back. Bounce back vs. the bills & they’ll be on track to exceed expectations by winning the division & having 11-12 wins.

Well for one, he didn’t answer the question…anyways I went and looked it all up. Devin about $11M cap hit this year and will be $6.5M in dead money next after his contract auto voids after this season. So there’s $4.5M. Then Hightower $12.5M cap hit this season and off the books next so $17M total reduction for both. Nice chunk of change.

And look at that, I was able to do all that without calling anyone a troll or telling someone to **** off!

I think I can answer this. Devin plays next year unless he doesn’t want to play. HT probably retires or plays elsewhere. We’ll see.

I predicted 9-8 and no playoffs yet and they’re at 9 wins already and playing meaningful games in December with a rookie QB with a good chance at 11 or 12 wins. Not bad. Competitive in all but one of their losses. That wasn’t the story last season.

Tough loss. The Colts handed the Patriots their @ss in the first half, snd the Patriots played their sloppiest game of the year, but I liked the way the Patriots fought back in the second half, and I loved the way Jones responded after the 2 interceptions. He’s a winner, and he played like it in the fourth quarter. That was great run of wins, now they have to go on another one. Should be fun for the rest of the season.

Jones can sneak a look as the play develops. After the play they showed Jones grabbing his helmet because he knew he chocked. Jones had 1 read and missed it - it happens, he is a rookie. It did develop too slowly but Mac could have still hit his 1 read. You may be off base on this one. You might want to watch the play again.

You might be underestimating the importance of timing on that play.

Devin plays next year unless he doesn’t want to play.
I agree, he's now a solid starter vice all-pro level talent, but you still need those type guys to play even if as depth and at less snaps.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back