PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Chiefs beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Pats forum, if you think I’m lying then so be it. To think I’m going to search for hours for something I heard on the radio months ago is pretty absurd.
This is a Pats forum, if you think I’m lying then so be it. To think I’m going to search for hours for something I heard on the radio months ago is pretty absurd.

My fellow Pats Brethren. I have been polite and respectful throughout and at no time asserted that you were lying. When you make a statement like that, you should be willing to back it up with documentation. What I asked for was not unreasonable in any way. If you can't support such a claim with proof to back it up, then its merely your opinion and not factual. I'm just one of those guys who likes empirical evidence over conjecture.
If your proof is that you heard it on the radio, well then we know where this is going. Respects.

My fellow Pats Brethren. I have been polite and respectful throughout and at no time asserted that you were lying. When you make a statement like that, you should be willing to back it up with documentation. What I asked for was not unreasonable in any way. If you can't support such a claim with proof to back it up, then its merely your opinion and not factual. I'm just one of those guys who likes empirical evidence over conjecture.
If your proof is that you heard it on the radio, well then we know where this is going. Respects.
Well, I actually didn’t have to go search radio archives. I had posted this on a thread months ago.
Here’s the Rich Eisen - Tom Curran interview where it is discussed.

Ok. Now I understand where you got that perspective from. Thank you.

Wait, TBR used the term "mutt" and "mongrel" (AGAIN) while referring to Mahomes and still hasn't been banned?

Complete failure of moderation and leadership. I'm about done here as well.
Bye.

Last edited:
How has this devolved into Brady? He wasn't on the field Monday night.
The people who were saying Brady is cooked last year are getting more and more nervous that they were wrong with each passing week. Buckle up. If he keeps looking like himself as the season goes on, it’ll get worse. Much worse. It’ll permeate every thread. This particular postgame thread is a dumpster fire, though. Apparently, someone said something racist. Whether or not it actually fits the dictionary definition, who knows? It usually doesn’t most of the time, but I didn’t read the post and don’t care enough to seek it out. Oh and dreighver left. Couldn’t care less about that one, either.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently bobbutts is done here too. No clue who he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The people who were saying Brady is cooked last year are getting more and more nervous that they were wrong with each passing week. Buckle up. If he keeps looking like himself as the season goes on, it’ll get worse. Much worse. It’ll permeate every thread. This particular postgame thread is a dumpster fire, though. Apparently, someone said something racist. Whether or not it actually fits the dictionary definition, who knows? It usually doesn’t most of the time, but I didn’t read the post and don’t care enough to seek it out. Oh and dreighver left. Couldn’t care less about that one, either.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently bobbutts is done here too. No clue who he is.
Thanks, Kontra. I'll stay out of this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe try reading with comprehension. No where did I say I didn’t understand why Bill didn’t want to give Brady a multi-year extension. I was calling out a poster who said Brady wasn’t loyal to the Patriots. It takes 2 to tango. Brady leaving wasn’t because he was un-loyal, it was because he wanted a multi year deal and couldn’t get it. Bill had his reasons for not giving it, but that doesn’t mean Brady wasn’t loyal. He doesn’t have to sign the 1 year under market deal Bill wanted to give him.

In terms of how he treated the young receivers last year, it had also been widely reported that the Patriots weren’t letting Brady coach up the young players anymore. It came out from last years camp the play when a young player lined up in the wrong position instead of getting him in the right spot Brady stood there until Josh McDaniels had to run out and put the guy in the right place. The Pats knew Brady was in his last year and took away his authority. Must of been very frustrating for him.

Zolak, Fauria, and Curran all spoke about this. Zolak said in one of games last year Brady threw a pick on a play which he targeted Edelman. He said Edelman was the only guy he could target because the 2 rookies lined up in the wrong position. So ya, Brady was likely not fun to be around and was sour, but you can’t lay all the fault on him. He was stripped of his ability to correct young guys and was playing with guys who weren’t ready to be out there. I don’t think all of a sudden in year 20 he became some diva *******.

Great revisionist history here. It's complete BS.

Great revisionist history here. It's complete BS.
Not quite revisionist history. I even posted a link to the Eisen-Curran interview some of the info came from. If you don’t wanna believe it because it doesn’t fit your narrative I don’t really give a damn.

Not quite revisionist history. I even posted a link to the Eisen-Curran interview some of the info came from. If you don’t wanna believe it because it doesn’t fit your narrative I don’t really give a damn.

What you did was was post a link to a radio interview where Tom Curran gave his opinion.

What you did was was post a link to a radio interview where Tom Curran gave his opinion.
I think Tom Curran has a little more insider information then anyone on here. The play in training camp he talked about he said he witnessed. Guys like Curran don’t get spots on the Rich Eisen show if he wasn’t in tune to what was happening in the organization. If you or anyone else don’t believe him or the other multiple accounts from other Patriots insiders like Zolak or Fauria I really couldn’t care.

Dude, you need to dial back the anger.
I found that part of the conversation fascinating. It was a very interesting interview and I'm glad you posted it. I learned some things I didn't know and that's all I can ever ask for.
Curran has long been a Brady guy in the media and his dislike for Bill is well known locally and nationally. Much of the interview was Currans opinion and speculation on the relationship. A relationship where he has made no bones about whose side he's on. I do find it interesting that he didn't write about this in print or that other beat writers didn't pursue a story of this magnitude. Somebody like Mike Reiss would have been all over this.
You seem to think this is a black or white situation, where like so many thing in life, the truth probably rests somewhere in the middle.
Be well.

edit:wrong thread

Dude, you need to dial back the anger.
I found that part of the conversation fascinating. It was a very interesting interview and I'm glad you posted it. I learned some things I didn't know and that's all I can ever ask for.
Curran has long been a Brady guy in the media and his dislike for Bill is well known locally and nationally. Much of the interview was Currans opinion and speculation on the relationship. A relationship where he has made no bones about whose side he's on. I do find it interesting that he didn't write about this in print or that other beat writers didn't pursue a story of this magnitude. Somebody like Mike Reiss would have been all over this.
You seem to think this is a black or white situation, where like so many thing in life, the truth probably rests somewhere in the middle.
Be well.
Not angry at all. Curran isn’t the only one who has spoke about what happened the last few years. Others like Fauria and Zolak have spoke about it. I try to listen to these guys when they talk Pats. I also like Riess but unlike the other guys he doesn’t give up much behind the scenes stuff.

1. The fact that Chiefs fans claim that this wasn't DPI on The Honeybadger and was simply a makeup call for the Mahomes in-the-grasp/forward progress travesty is laughable. Harry's route was clearly disrupted.

2. Looks like a pretty good route to me by Harry. Even with the DPI, if Stidham throws it to his front shoulder instead of his back shoulder, it may have still been a TD.

‎Patriots Beat: Patriots-Broncos Week 5 Preview | Taylor Kyles | Patriots Beat with Evan Lazar on Apple Podcasts

Lazar is a good listen, very fair and detailed in his analysis. The Harry discussion starts at 32:00. I'd encourage everyone to listen to the discussion. I don't expect the handful of miserable pukes who hate Harry for no apparent reason to listen with an open mind but the posters here who want him to succeed but are losing faith will probable feel better after listening to that part of the podcast.

Highlights:
1. Stop penalizing him for the fact that the Pats drafted him in 1st round.
2. The Pats are a RUN FIRST TEAM and Harry is a weapon as a blocker. The fact that he is on pace for a 700 yd season in this version of the offense is a credit to his improvement compared to last year.
3. If you watch the all-22 films....and not just focus in the targets that you see on TV and (wrongly) assume that if he is not targeted that he wasn't open....he is getting open fairly regularly.
4. His route-running IS improving. Lazar doesn't claim that he is a great or even a good route runner yet but says that is a "night and day" improvement compared to the 2019 version of Harry.

"miserable pukes who hate Harry for no apparent reason".
I love this. Thank you!!!

the handful of miserable pukes who hate Harry for no apparent reason
Just laugh at them. They are indeed just miserable incel trolls who want to bring anyone down with them. They obviously know nothing about the game and every time they post this way they just cement all of this more .

Wait, TBR used the term "mutt" and "mongrel" (AGAIN) while referring to Mahomes and still hasn't been banned?

Complete failure of moderation and leadership. I'm about done here as well.

But they made sure to quickly delete my post calling out TBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots