PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, the blueprint thing is overrated. Everyone knows how you beat Brady and the Bucs' offense. It is executing that game plan that is the issue.

I just don't know how if the rain or emotions played that much of a factor. I said before the game that Brady would come into the game too hot because he almost always comes into big games too hot and has to settle into the game. Hence why in 10 Super Bowls, he has scored one TD in the first quarter and that was in the final minute last year. But that doesn't play a factor for the entire game.
I do agree that Brady starts slow in big games, but I also think those SBs we were trying to figure out what the D is doing early on. Anyways we should of won or at least went for it to kill the clock right there. Why were we content giving the ball back to Brady needing only 3 to win.

Nick Folk said he was able to kick from 58 yard out in pregame..the missed FG is on him. the distance was there, the accuracy was not.
Maybe coincidental but the last time the Patriots played the Bucs was down in Tampa in 2017. Nick Folk was the Bucs kicker and went 0-3 in FGs. Pats had an INT and a fumble. Bucs scored two TDs. Almost a mirror image of last night. Pats pulled off a close win 19-14. Of course, Brady was our QB.

Jones had no problem handling the blitz all night. They just finally gave up on the blitz because he was so effective against it. By the time they gave up on the blitz, he had only missed two throws in about a dozen passes against the blitz (one being the INT),

Sure, Jones still has a lot of stuff to work on like most rookie QBs would. But I think he is far, far ahead of most rookies in terms of pocket presence and decision making.

And as for Brady he has a tendency to get rattled when he is hit a lot. It doesn't happen every game he is hit a lot, but it is the best way to make him average or worse. So far I haven't seen Jones get rattled yet.
I agree on the first two paragraphs. Totally. I was only saying he's young and will improve and that as he does, the OL will look a lot better.

I think we've got a good team on our hands already, they just have a nasty habit of turning the ball over and committing penalties. As much as I've documented my opposition to a certain coaching decision at the end of the game, we wouldn't have been in that position if we didn't lose the turnover battle by 2 (and should have been 3 but we got away with one early).

The fact that we've got a team with actual upside making these kinds of mistakes in such a high frequency is much more upsetting to me than if they were just plain bad.

Mac Jones is gonna be real good (he may already be), but I think last night was a reminder that even when Mac is what we need him to be, you can still blow it in other ways.

I am starting to accept the fact that this year may not be all about this year.

Yes, I know that contracts are basically set up, up and down the roster, with this year in mind. But we are not ready to win, consistently, and this year is about getting Mac 100% all in on the offense and his decision-making. This is likely tough to swallow, but it is a rebuilding year, something the other 31 teams do on occasion. Last year was a lost year not even a rebuilding year, marking time as dead money was shed, since I don't think we did much rebuilding at all in 2020.

Last edited:
Absolutely, the Mass. Gov. is declaring Oct. 3 a State holiday when the NE Patriots "almost beat" the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Typical ******ed post from resident troll. When did Patriots fans become Jete fans celebrating "moral" victories.

Some of us look at the same situation differently...now go back to the Gronkaneers board. You were nowhere to be found on the GDT yesterday along with Deus and a few other Bucs fans.

The thing that is driving me nuts is for the most part Mac has played pretty well but we just can't score points.
Couldn’t score points in that Super Bowl we won three years ago either but....

defense exists.

there’s 22 dudes.

well sign threats once we know what we have defensively. Period. Mac wants to complain his way out after not being able to score 20 to win against the sb champs?

move on from him too.

I am starting to acept the fact that this year may not be all about this year.

This is exactly why I am not fretting about losing a handful of games. With a rookie QB., it's going to be a process that will take 2-3 years to get us into REAL contention. The most important thing is Mac's development and from that perspective we should all be pleased.

They had to dole out Sherman’s corpse still got ate up by a rookie qb. Let’s be proud for a few days guys.

Some of us look at the same situation differently...now go back to the Gronkaneers board. You were nowhere to be found on the GDT yesterday.

Lmfao…trying to act like a superior fan because you were in the low-brow, knee-jerk game day thread while someone else watched the game with family/friends.

Lmfao…trying to act like a superior fan because you were in the low-brow, knee-jerk game day thread while someone else watched the game with family/friends.

Congrats on the win. You guys were the better team yesterday.

Congrats on the win. You guys were the better team yesterday.

I’m glad you stopped crying about people ganging up on you. That was so shameful and weak.

Now you’re back to picking fights and getting atomic wedgies. As the world turns.

He does not know how to finish yet. He is not a good situational player right now. He will learn that in time. He is just trying to make the play in front of him each time. He does not have the pulse yet on how to raise his game in the biggest moments yet.
They were 2/3 in the RZ last night. Otherwise we wouldn’t have scored more than 10 pts

you have to be much happier this morning as a Pats fan than a Bucs fan…
If you expected this to be a playoff team (I don't) then there's not a lot to be happy about being 1-3 with the 3 losses almost self inflicted. Lousy football teams have lots of self inflicted losses - it's what they do. There's also not much positive to say about the OL which was supposed to be a strength of this team not the liability that it actually is and it's not helping our rookie QB. This schedule is looking like it's not as easy as we thought and it's now getting really difficult to see a path to 10 wins and playoffs based on what we see so far.

I'm ready to say the running game sucks - I'm sorry minus 1 yard is embarrassing I don't care who it was against. That's disappointing since that was also supposed to be a strength of this team. The Sony trade is beginning to look like a BB blunder.

But if you see the window beginning to open NEXT season and you believe in BB and the plan then I think there's plenty of positive things coming out of this game.

And if you see the Pats playing the champs close as some kind of FU to the disrespect this team was getting this week from all across the country - that could be something to be happy about. I guess?

Last edited:
This team needs to start figuring out how to win close games, my take away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back