PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've become Jets fans looking for moral losses lol. We lost and had a shot to win 1-3 is terrible position to be in..Good secondary play I hope they play like that moving forward and the offense continues to improve

Proud of the team. Just eliminate the brain farts. Not used to the mistakes. Coaching included.

Mac looks legit

Hey, I went in thinking we'd get beat by 20, but to lose by 2 in that way is far worse. We should have won this one.

But, to see our D handle Brady and their O like that was encouraging. And I think Mac's confidence took a big step tonight. He was dialed in!
I agree there's no morale points for losing, but you can see how this bout bodes well going forward.

1-3 team very unlikely to make the playoffs…and look, rebuild whatever. Mac looks like a great building block.
BUT…we spent INSANE $$$ on free agents who (outside of Judon) look completely non-impactful.

I feel like it would have been better keeping that $$ for next year TBH.
Perplexing.

Kicking that 56 yarder was a dumb ass decision.

Rain.
Injured kicker.
Folk has no range.
Too much time left and two TOs even if you make it.

Put the game in Mac's hands. If he loses, he loses... but do not screw the team with dumb ass decisions like that.

That being said, I am happy about tonight. Mac responsed GREAT to the Saints ass kicking. He played very very well. Defense was much better. We gave ourselves a chance to win.

Sucks to be 1-3 though...
I’ll counter :

The choices were (1) get the guy who is in his 4th ever pro game to try to move it or (2) put it in the capable hands (legs) of a vet who is arguably the best player on the team…

Folk’s kick was close. Like, very close. So how does everyone feel if that play goes differently ?

The D was exceptional and Jones showed poise. 2-2 would be mega sweet. But it didn’t pan out.

This may be like the 2001 regular season loss to the Rams. A loss but Mac outplayed Brady.
Not really. Brady was going up against one of the better pass Ds in the NFL with the GOAT DC throwing every look in the book at him. And he was going without Gronk and his safety valve in Bernard. Mac was picking apart zone defense with 3 starting corners and a starting safety out. Not really comparing apples to apples here.

i like the decision. Very savvy by Bill to not put that pressure on Mac this early in his career....Mac is developing well. Nick had enough leg. Bill took the possibility of this game not working out on him.

Watching the field goal unit come out for a 56 yard field goal in the rain was like watching Michael Meyers coming at you with no way out. Then it looked good and it's like you thought you got away. But instead it leaves the loudest ****ing DOINK in the history of Gillette stadium like Michael putting a knife through the back of your head. Man that ****ing SUCKED

Great game.

Sucks that we lost but our team came out tonight and fought like hell.

The OL was better than the last two games but can still improve. The red zone execution and play calling is still a work in progress. But overall this game leaves me optimistic.

Last edited:
1-3 team very unlikely to make the playoffs…and look, rebuild whatever. Mac looks like a great building block.
BUT…we spent INSANE $$$ on free agents who (outside of Judon) look completely non-impactful.

Perplexing.

Bourne and Judon have helped a lot. Plus Smith and Henry finally came through with TDs tonight. Proud that Mac outplayed Brady.

Perplexing.
That money spent allows Mac to have pieces that can help him. They aren’t 32 year olds, the high ticket items are in their mid/late 20s. They’ll be here next season. And guys like Judon are playing ball and the complimentary game helps the O get back on the field.

I really like Mac.

The D fell apart again in the 4th. More fumbles. OL sucks. A horrendous call to kick it, but Belichick must have thought Josh was going to dial up a Bolden HB Draw to lose yards. I don't see the moral victory here at all.

I’ll counter :

The choices were (1) get the guy who is in his 4th ever pro game to try to move it or (2) put it in the capable hands (legs) of a vet who is arguably the best player on the team…

Folk’s kick was close. Like, very close. So how does everyone feel if that play goes differently ?

The D was exceptional and Jones showed poise. 2-2 would be mega sweet. But it didn’t pan out.

If there had been 30 seconds left, I would probably agree with you.

Even if Folk makes the kick, we most likely lose. 50+ seconds + 2 TOs. Brady and those weapons get in FG range in all likelihood.

Of course, taking the lead is better than missing on 4th and 3.

I understand protecting Mac, but I would have liked to see him get a chance to win it.

Here’s one - the game wasn’t too big for Mac. Granted, he wasn’t playing against the 2013 Legion of Boom, but Zach Wilson probably wilts under that pressure. A lot of rookies would. Tonight was thing to a Super Bowl of any regular season game I’ve ever seen. Mac was poised and maintained that poise even though he was repeatedly peeling himself off the turf.
For sure. Very encouraging for him long. I’m just not solely viewing the season through the lens of future development and outlook.
I think we’re good enough to compete now. I want the playoffs. We do have young talent, but there’s also a window with some special players that won’t be around forever (or much longer at all)- Hightower, mccourty, Gilmore, KVN, would’ve been white. I want(ed) this to be a really good year and I think we’ve shown we are a good enough team for it to be. But it’s hard starting at 1-3.

The defense was good but not extraordinary! They were very good in the RZ that’s why the Bucs scored only 1 TD on 4-5 drives in the RZ. Evans dropped a pass that would have been a 1st and goal inside the 10 and Brown dropped a TD.

Mac had a good game. I was really impressed by his composure and his poise regarding the pressure but I think we have to pump the breaks a little. This Bucs Secondady is depleted and is one of the worst in the league and they lost Davis and Winfield during the game and only scored 17

Pats have something with Mac and Meyers. Beside that not much else was good.

Second time in a week the D crumbled and was unable to get a stop. Literally one stop in the last 8 minutes they win the game. D is completely unreliable.

Overall team is just bad. Bad turnovers, undisciplined with constant penalties and quite honestly poorly coached. That decision to try a FG was absurd and there was zero chance that was going in.

Team spent a ton of money in FA and they are one of the worst teams in the NFL record wise. Have to wonder how much more do the Krafts put up with from BB.

I really like Mac.

The D fell apart again in the 4th. More fumbles. OL sucks. A horrendous call to kick it, but Belichick must have thought Josh was going to dial up a Bolden HB Draw to lose yards. I don't see the moral victory here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes