PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I miss the discussions about where Mils would fit with Gilmore, Jackson, and Jones all locked into their roles. The season ends with one of those four guys on the field and even him not playing well.

I mean when you lose like that you should be ashamed
I’m disappointed in the D. Tons of blown coverages and the D line was soft like Charmin.

I’m not going to get way into it right now because the loss sucks, but to all the people talking about building around Mac, a bright future, the core of the team, etc…the team went all-in this year with the offseason with a record spending spree and backloaded most of the deals. Henry, J. Smith, Judon, etc. will cost much more next year…even with the cap, the Patriots are structured to maintain the team with cap maneuvering and not to fill a lot of holes. That’s the thing with a free agent frenzy like this…the problems often don’t become apparent until down the road when all the money is tied up. This is absolutely not a team in year one of a three year plan where you’d expect them to automatically improve. They have their work cut out for them, big time.
Pats are in the top 25% of the league for most cap space in 2023. We had virtually zero long-term contracts coming out of 2020, that the backloaded deals weren’t a huge deal. They are much tighter for 2022, and if they want, could use some of that extra 2023 space to solve the 2022 issue.

But your point about having their work cut out for them isn’t wrong. We need to hit a home run on this draft.

The defense didn’t make one play. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.
Honestly curious to know if a team's ever played a division rival in back to back games without forcing a punt.

Has to be some kind of really bad history made there.

Pats exceeded expectations and have nothing to be ashamed of. The Bills are the better team. Pats aren’t ready. I’m glad they at least made it to the playoffs.

With that being said, this game is a great example why team statistics can be overrated like the people on here pushing “points per game”. Their lack of talent on D was badly exposed. Lots of needs this offseason.
Good call on the blowout! Damn you :)

Rebuild the run defense if anything. Its been a weakness going back to Brady's last season. Time to move on from some of the older guys.

I have to think Mac was beat up this season but hes a gamer. I expect a huge 2nd yr leap. Give him a slot and 3rd down back. Well see changes on the oline but the front 7 needs reworking

Disgusted. I don't like the lack of heart and effort. To me that leads to coaching. I'm not crazy about Bill's kids on the staff. It's been down hill since they've been given roles.. Bill is "setting up" his kids future at the cost of the team. Just my pissed off, angry opinion
The defense was a franchise historic embarrassment tonight and the last 4 games they have not been able to make stops when they need to. Some of this is coaching, most of it is lack of speed and talent.
Next year the pats could finish last in the division.
Mac is a good QB but not great. He is vastly overrated and will not be a top 10 QB. No franchise is winning a Super Bowl with him.

For anyone wondering. The bildo strikes back.
FJMmLwiWYAYE6B_

Steve Belichick and his meth head looking face need to go. How the heck is he calling plays, what credentials does he have besides being Bills son?

The NFL is a quarterback driven league. Proven once again tonight.

It's clear from your demonstrated loyalties where you're coming from and why you're posting that in this thread. Most would agree with your statement in general but no, tonight did not prove that. It's a team game and half the Patriots did not show up for multiple reasons.

I’m not going to get way into it right now because the loss sucks, but to all the people talking about building around Mac, a bright future, the core of the team, etc…the team went all-in this year with the offseason with a record spending spree and backloaded most of the deals. Henry, J. Smith, Judon, etc. will cost much more next year…even with the cap, the Patriots are structured to maintain the team with cap maneuvering and not to fill a lot of holes. That’s the thing with a free agent frenzy like this…the problems often don’t become apparent until down the road when all the money is tied up. This is absolutely not a team in year one of a three year plan where you’d expect them to automatically improve. They have their work cut out for them, big time.
agree. thats why we might totally miss the playoffs next year. better to absorb all the hits, make sure mac does not get injured and build a team with young players who will gain experience and be ready for 2023.

D played like this was their first taste of cold weather - slow and shell shocked
Tough to go from home to Miami heat/humidity to Buffalo single digits all in a row. Them's the breaks.

Good call on the blowout! Damn you :)
If it’s any consolation, I didn’t think it was going to be a full on demolition. I was thinking more like a 14-17 point loss. I did not think 47 points was in the question. Yikes!

Disgusted. I don't like the lack of heart and effort. To me that leads to coaching. I'm not crazy about Bill's kids on the staff. It's been down hill since they've been given roles.. Bill is "setting up" his kids future at the cost of the team. Just my pissed off, angry opinion
The defense was a franchise historic embarrassment tonight and the last 4 games they have not been able to make stops when they need to. Some of this is coaching, mots of it is lack of speed and talent.
Next year the pats could finish last in the division.

It wasn't much of a free agent frenzy. We were one of the few teams with cap space in a pandemic year that crunched the cap, so no one was spending. The amount we spent on someone like Bourne was an absolute bargain. Agholor didn't really get a big haul either but his guaranteed money is such that we can revisit his contract in a year if he doesn't produce more. Judon was the only star purchase and he performed. Now you can look at Jonnu Smith's $ relative to his performance and call it a bust, but that's very different than calling it a spending spree.

We're not even maxed out against the cap next year. We can do more in free agency. The money we spent on FAs in the past year isn't going to tie us up at all.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back