PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Harry's last game?

Was he even tbere.

Bills were the better team coming in and are the better team going out but to lose in that fashion for a “playoff” team is an embarrassment. Honestly, any further talk of Bill as some defensive genius just needs to stop. Maybe he once was but in todays NFL, no longer. You can make all the excuses you want but bottom line is he couldn’t get a single punt IN TWO GAMES against them.

The team came ill prepared to play in too many games and that sits squarely with the head coach.

Pats exceeded expectations and have nothing to be ashamed of. The Bills are the better team. Pats aren’t ready. I’m glad they at least made it to the playoffs.

With that being said, this game is a great example why team statistics can be overrated like the people on here pushing “points per game”. Their lack of talent on D was badly exposed. Lots of needs this offseason.
I mean when you lose like that you should be ashamed

I got criticism for pointing out every unit of the Bills was better than ours except OL. It turns out I was wrong. Literally every unit is better than ours.

Time to make some tough choices on guys like Hightower, Collins, KVN. I’m tired of the Isiah Wynn and NKeal Harry experiments as well. 2022 might be the actual rebuilding so don’t expect much next year either.

but you know what? Heavy be the crown. I hope the Bills enjoy an off-season of losing coaches and free agents left and right. Here’s to watching them maybe make it to another super bowl and lose.

Meh season

Spent 100 mil, got a pro ready QB

Then, with the GOAT Coach:

We started out 2-4, won 7 games in a row against injured teams, then finished 1-4, including a terrible embarrassing blow out loss in the first round.

Now the cap is maxed out.

Jalen Mills for NFL DPOY. Should be a fun plane ride home.

The defense were paper tigers. They didn't show up one single time when needed most. We lost, got embarrassed, by a team that was clearly better than ours. Just shows that 14-10 victory was a complete farce. I'm not mad, just extremely disappointed we didn't even put up a fight.

Bills were the better team coming in and are the better team going out but to lose in that fashion for a “playoff” team is an embarrassment. Honestly, any further talk of Bill as some defensive genius just needs to stop. Maybe he once was but in todays NFL, no longer. You can make all the excuses you want but bottom line is he couldn’t get a single punt IN TWO GAMES against them.

The team came ill prepared to play in too many games and that sits squarely with the head coach.
…or they came so prepared that on some occasions their lack of talent didn’t cost them. The team needs to retool in some key areas. I can’t be the only one who thinks HC isn’t one of those.

Not absurd to wonder if he is quarterback of the future for this team.
I knew someone was going to bring it up. He has a lot to work on, but he put up a decent fight considering his D never gave him a shot. In fact, it was over at kickoff. And he doesn’t have the skill players to compete in shootouts.

Let’s also keep in mind he’s a rookie.

Meh season

Spent 100 mil, got a pro ready QB

Then, with the GOAT Coach:

We started out 2-4, won 7 games in a row against injured teams, then finished 1-4, including a terrible embarrassing blow out loss in the first round.

Now the cap is maxed out.

The Pats have over $27 million in cap space for 2022 which is 17th most (or middle of the pack in the NFL). The Pats are In far better cap space than most of the top AFC teams.

Disgusted. I don't like the lack of heart and effort. To me that leads to coaching. I'm not crazy about Bill's kids on the staff. It's been down hill since they've been given roles.. Bill is "setting up" his kids future at the cost of the team. Just my pissed off, angry opinion

Im not ready to move on, I need to see the bills punt at least once.

Just got back from the game, left a bit early as someone (ahem) had had it with both the cold and the game.

The defense really needs a talent overhaul. I've long been saying that Hightower is probably in his last season, but seeing McCourty move pre-snap live, which I don't usually catch on the TV, it is sad. McCourty is one of the greatest Patriots in history. Maybe a first team safety in the history of the franchise. But there's a reason McKenzie seems to only have big pays against the Patriots. You can see McCourty diagnosing what McKenzie is about to do, McCourty predicts it, but he takes forever to accelerate and his top speed isn't good enough.

Phillips, Dugger, Barmore. Maybe Perkins.

A miracle if we get some from Uche I guess.

Don't know what's going to happen with JC Jackson.

But the rest of the D needs a huge infusion of talent. CB, S, DE, all the LBs.

Last edited:
disappointing end to the season especially being beaten like that. I do not understand how this D cannot force even one punt all game. It has happened twice against this team ! For years every team in our division tried to get better to beat us, now the tables have turned. We need to upgrade in many positions to take the division back from the Bills ! But Mac is the least of our problems, the D needs to get younger and faster. High needs to retire, maybe DMac also. We need to re sign JC and get rid of most our LB's , oh and we need a true #1 WR. Giving Jonnu that huge contract was a mistake, we are stuck with him for a couple of years !!
However I am still happy we got to the post season with a rookie and he will be better next year !

Historic embarrassment

I believe it was mentioned during the game that it was the first time a team, in the playoffs, scored a TD on its first 5 offensive possession.

The bills then proceeded to score on their next 2 possessions as well

Its fair to ask if this was the worst defensive performance in playoff history.

The refs had nothing to do with this beat down

I sooo didn't want to play the Bills or any division team more than we have to. We just lost to Miami so its not like this loss shocked me, but this was pathetic. Outside of Barmore and Judon, everyone in the front 7 needs to go. I've been off the Bently, Wise, and Guy bandwagon for 2 seasons now. Hightower is washed up.

McCourty isn't the same player, but I don't want to move on from him necessarily. I've seen bad safety play around the league and we aren't there yet.

Offense seems harder to fix. Josh doesn't seem to know how to use the talent that we do have. He seems clueless in how to utilize Jonnu or Agholor. Agholor catches flack on this board but he could be so much more than we have seen. His speed is legit but rarely gets thrown screens or allowed to run reverses etc. Josh needs a new Welker for our offense to work.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back