PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so can we all cut the charade now and agree Pats should be on full tank mode, trade Gilmore and Thuney, load up for the draft, need an overhaul at QB, WR and TE. Some could come in free agency but some will have to come in the draft. No shame in it, 20 years of dominance, Pats are entitled to at least 1-2 down years especially having to overhaul the skill position which was obvious 2 years ago.

Was naïve to think the team was ever winning something with the guy that ****ied out of a fumble recovery in the SB.
I think it's clear thats what needs to happen. We will never be good without a QB so that is priority #1. Either through the draft or otherwise. Time to work on rebuilding that offense from the ground up and reinforce the defense with new talent in the draft. We could turn it around as soon as next season with a good draft and a good QB. We will also be flush with cash for free agency.

Is he wrong?
I really dont get it frankly. Sure BB couldve kept brady. And then what ? gotten a bunch of wideouts like julio jones and given up draft picks , thrown money on offensive players and cut costly players elsewhere? That really has never happened here . They whiffed on the drafts , and that is the only way they replinished their offensive players and its hurting them now . And Brady didnt want any part of a rebuild. Dont blame him. BB was/is is never going to plan just for 1 yr or 2 yrs by signing players to go win a SB. Even if its Brady's last two yrs. He wants to plan beyond brady . thats how he has done all these 20 yrs.

I really dont get it frankly. Sure BB couldve kept brady. And then what ? gotten a bunch of wideouts like julio jones and given up draft picks , thrown money on offensive players and cut costly players elsewhere? That really has never happened here . They whiffed on the drafts , and that is the only way they replinished their offensive players and its hurting them now . And Brady didnt want any part of a rebuild. Dont blame him. BB was/is is never going to plan just for 1 yr or 2 yrs by signing players to go win a SB. Even if its Brady's last two yrs. He wants to plan beyond brady . thats how he has done all these 20 yrs.
Yes It was obvious that Bill wasnt all in on Brady and Brady wasn't all in on the Patriots. But I dont think Bill and most of us expected such a drop off so immediately.....and how he has gone 20 years is because Bill and Tom were all in with each other. It took both.

Yes It was obvious that Bill wasnt all in on Brady and Brady wasn't all in on the Patriots. But I dont think Bill and most of us expected such a drop off so immediately.....and how he has gone 20 years is because Bill and Tom were all in with each other. It took both.
I think every coach needs a QB. And a QB needs a coach esp during critical situations but can win without sometimes. The drop off is really because just no offensive players panning out . They had a system which worked with brady as long as they hit on one or two WRs and TEs. Last few yrs have been bare and that is their problem. and their signings sanu,brown, gordon all bombed. Yet we all saw what the duo can do in 2018 . It was a classic example of a coach and QB willing a team to a SB with whatever they had at their disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down