PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
That loss makes severing for Trevor more complicated. Its too late for that, we're stuck with Cam. They need to coach him right and get him playing at his pre-covid level.

Rex Ryan on "Get Up" on the Pats latest loss, "It's become clear Brady was more important to the Pats organization than BB".

Mazz with another article this morning saying the same thing.

The pitch forks are out!
They're not wrong.

Rex Ryan on "Get Up" on the Pats latest loss, "It's become clear Brady was more important to the Pats organization than BB".

Mazz with another article this morning saying the same thing.

The pitch forks are out!
Players have to play and execute so of course they are more important. they are saying that brady can play and build a team as QB for 20 yrs and go to 9 SBs with any coach ?after watching 7 games in 1 season ? Brady and arians are all in 2020. Can they do this for 5 yrs or even 2yrs ? thats where this comparison becomes absurd. What was bill walsh's record without montana/young. ?

this option based passing game is a lot for cam. they need to dial it down 2018 style and just become a dominant running team on offense. that is their only hope. . Unfortunately they are also thin on the DL and that is not helping with the run D or pass rush so falling behind early doesnt help.

Why not get a QB who can actually RUN an NFL offense rather than speculating how comfortable Cam might be playing simple-minded sandlot ball?

Why not get a QB who can actually RUN an NFL offense rather than speculating how comfortable Cam might be playing simple-minded sandlot ball?
Where to get them ? And, they are just 1 yr off from brady. not much time to go find one. they thought stidham could be one but he isnt. Even jimmy G isnt brady. Its easy to find the problems. If everyone found the QB they wanted , there wouldnt be many teams struggling .

Why does either side have to capitulate to either "BB is the most important" or "Brady is the most important."

Just like Brady couldn't will this team into being truly competitive with the current offense, neither can Belichick.

And this "It's BB's fault we don't have Brady" is silly - even if the two were over each other, there were efforts to add weapons to the offense it looked like, with the last-ditch effort of AB. This **** just ran its time. We won 2018 because we adapted our offense to the run and had a defense that was smothering towards the late season. This is just the organic parity of the cap and how the NFL plays out. This was going to happen at some point. Sometimes it's "you can't afford that good QB anymore." - or, in this case, it's "you can't afford the tools necessary for this QB to have a chance, and both you and the player know this."

Belichick surely has muffed up in some aspects, and Brady ain't perfect either. Belichick is the king of pulling out the W is close, situational football. Brady is the tool that capitalizes the most on that coaching. They were literally perfect for one another. The Partiots, and their best seasons, were a team effort - and you get that from Bill. He's the guy who put such a huge emphasis on special teams. He's the one who knew when to shed premier players when it was time. He's the one who weathered hella heavy-handed punishments from the league and made the correct decisions in the wake of.

Brady is the one who ALWAYS had poise from behind and in the 4th qrtr. He's the unselfish QB who would throw into the dirt instead of taking a sack to glorify a play or two. He's an incredibly serious worker who put an incredible amount of work into preserving his health and mental acumen. He is just truly astounding at his position.

Also, comparing our situation to Brady's in Tampa is just silly... Look at that team. They're INCREDIBLY loaded. Mike Evans, Godwin, Ronald Jones, Scott Miller has been making a good effect, Gronkowski, now they're getting AB?!?!

By no means am I suggesting that Bill is without fault. I'm even on board with the whole "please for the love of god figure out a way to develop young offensive players this **** is obnoxious." But, unfortunately (or fortunately if you think about it), this isn't a binary issue and a lot is at play, other than just BB.

Also, let's be real - the AFC in the past 2/3 years has SURGED in talent. This is a pretty hardcore schedule to have for a team that, before the Cam signing, was chalked up to being a rebuild team and we were all expecting a 5 win season lol.

Everything about that game was horrible, but the worst thing was definitely the inability to complete a tackle after making contact. Either BB will right the ship (I've no idea how) or he won't. Still, that doesn't make any difference to me: I'll be rooting for the team no matter what and watching right to the last kneel-down. Go Pats!

Everything about that game was horrible, but the worst thing was definitely the inability to complete a tackle after making contact. Either BB will right the ship (I've no idea how) or he won't. Still, that doesn't make any difference to me: I'll be rooting for the team no matter what and watching right to the last kneel-down. Go Pats!
I'm in a pretty competitive pick 'em at work, and I still keep picking the Patriots to win, even if I'm pretty sure they're gonna lose. I'll always root for this team, even if it costs me an ounce of respect each week when the others kick me for picking the Pats every. single. time. hahaha.

This looked like one of those early season college games that got skipped this year due to COVID, where Louisiana-Monroe goes to Alabama or LSU for the money, and just gets rolled over from an athleticism standpoint from the opening kickoff. With the Pats being Louisiana Monroe, and the Niners being the SEC giant.

We are seeing the other side of the steamroller now. The Niners could have pulled out a Jonas Gray and flattened the Patriots yesterday.

Just a not-of-this-century type of Patriots performance.

Maybe BB needs to stage another of those burying the football ceremonies.

This looked like one of those early season college games that got skipped this year due to COVID, where Louisiana-Monroe goes to Alabama or LSU for the money, and just gets rolled over from an athleticism standpoint from the opening kickoff. With the Pats being Louisiana Monroe, and the Niners being the SEC giant.

We are seeing the other side of the steamroller now. The Niners could have pulled out a Jonas Gray and flattened the Patriots yesterday.

Just a not-of-this-century type of Patriots performance.

Maybe BB needs to stage another of those burying the football ceremonies.
Yep. Instead of burying the football, though, he should bury Newton, the WRs, and Izzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back