PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- 49er's beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably wouldn’t get a bag of footballs for Edelman.

I hope he retires and preserves his dignity rather than try to cut it with another team.

Brady not looking so bad anymore, is he? And to think some people thought he had a bad year last year. When you think of what he was able to accomplish with this offense, it only reinforces his greatness.
I never doubted Brady’s greatness. Even at Brady’s worst moments I never cringed when I watch him throw the ball like I did today watching the Pats. Not even Bledsoe.

That really sucks.

@ashley1992 this seems to be the Post Tom Brady thread. Any idea where the post game thread is?

Brady not looking so bad anymore, is he? And to think some people thought he had a bad year last year. When you think of what he was able to accomplish with this offense, it only reinforces his greatness.
Yeah. No kidding. Pats QBs have 3 TDs (lowest in the league) and 11 picks (highest in the league).

24 TDs to 8 picks with this offense might have been Brady's best season. LOL And to think we were one defensive stop vs Miami away from the 2 seed.

I hope he retires and preserves his dignity rather than try to cut it with another team.
He might. Must hurt him watching this trash around him.

I think bringing in Cam was a mistake. They built up Stidham all offseason after Brady left, all the way until training camp was ready to open. Once training camp opens, Stidham is getting 2nd or 3rd team snaps, doesn’t even dress for the 1st few games. That had to mess with Stidham’s head. and NOW, if you bench Cam, the team may be in worse shape mentally than it already is.

I’ve been saying for several years, that the horrific drafts of the last 7 years are what ended this dynasty, unfortunately I was right. And Belichick has to take blame for that. He built an INCREDIBLE dynasty, the greatest in NFL history, and deserves credit for that. But he also deserves blame for NOT drafting explosive players for the offense, something I’ve been imploring him for YEARS. Unfortunately I was right and it’s proven to be the team’s undoing.

If Stidham couldn't handle Cam coming in, then he doesn't deserve to be a starter in the NFL.

If he gets released, he goes right to Tampa. You can bank on it.

@ashley1992 this seems to be the Post Tom Brady thread. Any idea where the post game thread is?

lol @VrabelJr yes, this thread seems to have been hijacked with Brady talk, I'm sure from the same people that called him noodle arm and wished he would retire last year.

Bet youre not old enough to have seen The Doozie of all doozies- Joe Kapp.
Cam was 28-3 Tom Brady today compared to Kapp. Dude was brutal.
I watched Joe Kapp at Harvard Stadium while sitting in the snow. Joe threw the ball like
it was a loaf of bread. The ball did not spiral.

Unfair? When he doesn't have the greatest QB of all time his record isn't the greatest as a head coach. Unfair take, or facts?

How about BIAS? Or better yet. How about completely disingenuous. The fact is that you're attempting to compare times when BB was either COMPLETELY rebuilding a franchise (Cleveland) or the year there that the Owner screwed the team. Or the fact your comparing it to times when Brady wasn't even in HS..

People like yourself call it "facts" because you think it makes you sound smart. It doesn't. People who are actually smart, see through the BS and know that you don't know what you are talking about. They know you can't objectively compare the 3 years BB was rebuilding a franchise that had been complete S**T prior to taking over to BB continuing as the HC of a franchise that he'd built for continuous competition for 19 years. People like you point to the 11-5 season and say that BB can't make the play-offs without Brady, but you ignore that it came down to the league having changed the TieBreakers for the Pats to lose out on that season.

This team is badly affected by covid, how do you go from almost beating Seattle to this?

That was a mirage. This team might not beat another team all season. The QB play is that bad, and there are zero WR or TEs. Period. Put your best corner on Meyers and what is left? Nothing. Trade some pieces and ensure you don't win another game. It is that critical that this takes place. Bill always does what's best for the team right? Well this is what's best for the team AND the organization.

I knew we weren't a SB team but I thought we could win the division. Tom brady really was why we were so great. Belichick is a great coach. We probably have 1-2 less SB's without him.... But brady was the number one reason for our success. Which..........let's be honest, most of us knew that already.

This team is badly affected by covid, how do you go from almost beating Seattle to this?

It's really puzzling, we look like two different teams...the good team that can compete with any team in the league for the first 4 games and a really bad team that looks like we belong in last place the last two games

How about BIAS? Or better yet. How about completely disingenuous. The fact is that you're attempting to compare times when BB was either COMPLETELY rebuilding a franchise (Cleveland) or the year there that the Owner screwed the team. Or the fact your comparing it to times when Brady wasn't even in HS..

People like yourself call it "facts" because you think it makes you sound smart. It doesn't. People who are actually smart, see through the BS and know that you don't know what you are talking about. They know you can't objectively compare the 3 years BB was rebuilding a franchise that had been complete S**T prior to taking over to BB continuing as the HC of a franchise that he'd built for continuous competition for 19 years. People like you point to the 11-5 season and say that BB can't make the play-offs without Brady, but you ignore that it came down to the league having changed the TieBreakers for the Pats to lose out on that season.

Stopped reading here. Facts are facts. There is no "because you think..........." No, It's a fact. The end.

Last edited:
Edelman is not coming back next season, so either BB lets him go or tries to get something back.

Is he on the last year of his contract? Wonder if teams are doubling him or if he is hurt, no production at all the past few games.

Is he on the last year of his contract? Wonder if teams are doubling him or if he is hurt, no production at all the past few games.
Both.

Then what game were you watching? Cam was SOLELY responsible for every series in the first half ending. He flat out missed WRs, as he did with Byrd or threw the ball behind them. Not once did Cam throw a ball so that a receiver could catch it in stride in the first half. Harry going out was because Cam hung him out to dry on a pass and Harry took a shot to the head.
Cam made some poor throws but there were few times when receivers were open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick