PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread - #1 Seed Pats beat the Bills

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they ball wash Allen like no other. he is God over there
Lots of complaints there about their receivers dropping passes, not many comments about how we put a hell of a rush on Allen most of the game and he didn't have time to drop the ball into tight spots. He is more ponderous than I remember, kinda needs a wind up when he throws.

That was weirdly fun to watch. Congrats to the New England Cornhuskers.
More accurately, to borrow from David Andrews, the New England Bulldogs.

I don’t know many examples where you can’t tell if it’s the ACL tear or not right away. So he probably didn’t have that. But might be a less severe but still crappy injury.
I don’t know many examples where you can’t tell if it’s the ACL tear or not right away. So he probably didn’t have that. But might be a less severe but still crappy injury
You can be fairly certain in many cases right away. The maneuvers you see them doing where they’re yanking on the leg (called the Lachman and anterior drawer test) are very specific for ACL tears if positive. I’ve seen the specificity of those tests quoted to be 90%-95%- meaning that if the tests are positive, there’s about a 90-95% chance you have an ACL tear. Of course, you’ll still need an MRI, but you’ll essentially know right away in lot of instances.

Sensitivity of those tests is a bit less than 90%. Sensitivity meaning that if someone actually does have an ACL tear, what are the chances those maneuvers will actually be positive.

They have been running this bad/windy weather punt coverage for 20 years. The usual punt returner lines up shallow to field punts knocked down by the wind in tough traffic. The additional punt returner lines up deep to field big punts which presumably don’t have coverage guys around him. He’s only suppose to field the easy return chances, so that they have the chance to field any type of punt. He just messed up.

I remember everyone hating on Meyers punt return stint earlier this year of just yelling at people to get away from the ball as it trickled toward the goal line. This is why Olshewsky will always have a job here.
Ok but either make the easy catch or gtfo the way. Don't run after it on its initial bounces. I think he realized quickly that he was doing it all wrong, and it was that realization that caused him to try to redirect himself, which led to the stumble, which led to the worst case scenario on that play.

Do you think they're going to rebound from this game and beat TB when TB has the #1 seed on the line?
What I "THINK" doesn't matter. What I know is that there is a reason that they play the games each week. And that we've seen plenty of upsets this year. I mean, look at the Jetes.. They've won 3 games. Detroit just beat Minnesota making it impossible to go 0-fer on the season. The 'Unbeateable" Bills have now lost 5 games with one of those losses being to Jacksonville. The Titans lost to the Jetes and Texans. Things happen.

As for the 1 seed being on the line for Tampa, they have 4 easy games after Buffalo. Arizona, on the other hand, has to play the Rams, Colts, Lions, Cowboys and Seahawks. Meanwhile the Packers have to play the Browns, Ravens, Vikings, Lions, and Bears. The remaining schedule favors the Buccaneers on paper, anyways. And they are getting players back whom they've bean missing in Carlton Davis and Jamal Dean. The Cardinals are as likely to go 4-1 or 3-2 as they are to go 2-3 or 1-4 during that stretch. The Packers could go 3-2..If Tampa goes 4-1 with their loss being a non-conference game, they have that top seed if Arizona losses 2 of 4 of their conference games (Rams, Lion, Cowboys, or Seahawks.)

Lots of complaints there about their receivers dropping passes, not many comments about how we put a hell of a rush on Allen most of the game and he didn't have time to drop the ball into tight spots. He is more ponderous than I remember, kinda needs a wind up when he throws.
Cracks me up to see them talk about how the wind couldn’t be that tough if Allen was able to throw through it, without realizing the receivers are fighting the same wind currents. Diggs flat out dropped a ball in the 2nd quarter he misjudged because of the wind. It affects everyone, not just the QB.

Bills thread is full of people *****ing for their OC to be fired.

How are NFL fans so predictably dense? They always have a hardon for the OC when it was the DC who couldn't prevent the run when he knew it was coming play after play after play.

It's always the OC the scrub tier fans screech about because NO THROW TD EVERY DRIVE FIRE OC
You mean that's a thing? Can't recall any one here *****ing about our OC. Really, say it ain't so!

I don’t know many examples where you can’t tell if it’s the ACL tear or not right away. So he probably didn’t have that. But might be a less severe but still crappy injury.
Pretty sure they didn' know Brady had a full ACL tear right away otherwise I doubt they'd have let him walk off on it for fear of making the damage worse.

Allen had 15x the number of incompletions as Mac did in this game. Who could be the least bit surprised you lose when your QB has 15x the # of incompletions and was only a 50% passer? ;)

Bill says wind in 2008 finale was a lot worse.
2007 Monday night game in Baltimore. Didn't have the precipitation, but I was there and the wind was insane. The FG posts were moving way more than I saw tonight. Ravens QB threw a ball that simply crossed the LOS heading relatively straight and it took a left. They were punting it 3 or 4 rows into the stands into the wind and the punts curved back into the field of play.

It was nuts.

Serious question: any idea why McDermott decided that receiving to start the second half was more important than having the wind at his back in the fourth quarter?
Because other teams coaches have complete and utter brain melts when facing the Pats!

Pretty sure they didn' know Brady had a full ACL tear right away otherwise I doubt they'd have let him walk off on it for fear of making the damage worse.
The risk of further damage is minimal unless someone tackled him down the stairs or something.

I said in the Preview thread when I saw that Vinovich was going to be the ref that the Bills O-line would be allowed to hold all night. And I was right. That being said, Pats players need to STFU during the play and focus on their job. Saw at least 3 players raising their hands at the refs and looking at him while the play was still going on. This included Collins on one of Allen's runs. Worry about finishing the damn play. Not jawing at the Ref. I really hope that Belichick gives them a earful about it.

The risk of further damage is minimal unless someone tackled him down the stairs or something.
You mean like walking down concrete stairs with cleats on???

Because other teams coaches have complete and utter brain melts when facing the Pats!
You could see how out of sorts he was on the sideline early. That made me feel very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST