PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats v. Seahawks postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting prepared for the opposite of a well reasoned and calm discussion.

D came up with big stops for a while, but near the end Brady played as poorly as he could play. We got stuck in a situation where Seattle needed to throw and we were stuck with two rookie Safeties.

The sky isn't falling. We faced a good team and lost mainly because we beat ourselves. Obviously we need to get better, but we are in a position were we are more likely to get better than worse. That bodes well for our chances in November, which I still believe there is all the reason we will get to.

17% in the redzone...blame the O mostly

"Hey Moore and Arington, I know you guys were special teams cast offs with your other teams...want to be starters with us!?"

Thank god our biggest secondary upgrade through FA was Gregory, that fixed everything. :rolleyes:

so frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested to see how much longer people will be willing to call Bill Belichick a defensive genius given the continued showing of his Patriots Defense?

Our DBs have sucked ever since Magnini left. We used to be known for confusing QBs with exotic coverages, but we don't seem to be showing the same creativity anymore.

Now it's just a bunch of simple coverages that is easily beaten, even by rookie QBs who are not great at throwing the ball.

Thx for getting Pete Caroll pumped and jacked again.

This secondary is an incredible joke and i am embarrassed, there is no excuse for the secondary continuing to be this atrocious for so long.

The offense played well enough to win except for brady's stupid interceptions.

The clock management at the end of the 2nd quarter was a disgrace.

17% in redzone!?!?!?!

Terrible execution in the redzone today. Terrible execution. Was a frustrating day.

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

I'm convinced that head shot affected Brady more than we thought. He was consistently off after that.

Seriously though. The Pats as an 11-5 #3 seed could be interesting. I'm not scared of going to Baltimore or Houston, let's enter the bye at 5-3.

You people calling Tom Brady pathetic and asking for a real franchise quarterback make me sad I'm part of the same fan base as you. Go spend a couple of weeks supporting Brandon Wheedon so I don't have to see these ridiculous posts being made.

The team failed on all accounts, but the secondary is clearly the biggest culprit. FOUR or FIVE hail mary bombs, all completed is ridiculous. I agree Tom didn't have a good day, but 23 points should have been enough to beat Russel ******* Wilson. Our secondary is literally disgusting. I get a knot in my stomach just thinking about them.

1 request: can we PLLLLLLEEASE stop mocking the Jets, Fins and Bills? Our team is garbage.

What's garbage is the bandwagon fans who whine and complain and act like the sky is falling in every time something goes wrong..

It used to be that when Brady took to the field with under 2 mins to go, and needing a score, I almost considered it automatic that he'd get a score. These days, I actually expect to not see him direct a game winning drive.

It used to be that when a BB coached defense took to the field I expected them to make clutch play after clutch play to seal wins for this team. These days, I actually expect to see the defense crumble and lose the game for us.

There once was a time when I thought entering every single game that the Pats had a decided advantage at the QB spot and with the coaching staff on the sidelines. These days I no longer expect either.

So much blame to go around on this one it isn't even worthwhile to list all of the duds!

Why, specifically, does our defensive backfield suck so bad in the fourth quarter. Even when the team hangs on for a win, in the last 10 minutes of games they don't even provide minimal resistence. This was a 10 point game through 50 minutes and then they just crap the bed.

Re: 17% in redzone!?!?!?!

I blame the O in this one..left how many points out there?

Last edited:
1 request: can we PLLLLLLEEASE stop mocking the Jets, Fins and Bills? Our team is garbage.

I hope no one is mocking them....we all equal as far as I can see. Pats will split at best with Jests and doofins and could do the same with Buffalo. This division will go down to the wire....but from what the Pats have shown in coaching and heart.....don't give them much of a chance.....This team is the Boston Red Sox of 2012.....a fair amount of talent...but NO SPINE....and NO HEART....oh and the coaching has been piss poor as well......

Plenty of blame to go around, but in a loss like this you gotta think it's on the leaders. Horribly mismanaged game, points left on the field, TO's wasted that could've come in handy late, horrible situational awareness, this one's on Brady and the coaches. No excuse for losing this one.

On the bright side, we are still in clear control of the division and it looks very weak this year, lots of time to turn it around and at worst we should be hosting a game on wild card weekend with a chance to go all the way. Just hoping we get this throwing W's out the window stuff out of our system early on in the season and we are smarter, mentally tougher for the playoffs.

And I PRAY that Lloyd is okay, that looked bad. Hopefully it's not season ending because I think we can afford to let him heal with our schedule. Just no IR please.

Ravens, Cardinals, Seahawks,...are we done with the bird-named teams yet?

Seriously, these fourth-quarter losses are getting harder and harder to stomach.

Announcer said it was Brady's first game in Seattle- could that be right? Did Matt Cassel QB last time there or something?

Last edited:
THE SKY IS NOT FALLING.

With even moderately better play calling and elementary game management to close the first half we're BLOWING OUT the best defense in the league 37-10.

That was a stupid loss but it isn't as horrendous as you people are making it out to be. It stings. It tastes like #^@%, it was totally needless, but it ISN'T what some of you are making it out to be.

Brady was so ******* inaccurate today, tons of balls at his target's feet or sailed it over their heads. He can't throw the deep ball to a WR in stride, he's always off.

Last edited by a moderator:
the [patriots need to pay revis anything he wants....let gissele pays 40 million off the boos if needed.

These scrubs are one first rounder and three second rounders. Just sayin'

It's just that we have a vanilla defense and in turn very easy to read from ANY QB, Russel Wilson proved that today. Unless you are Revis, most CB's will get burned eventually if you give the QB time and don't disguise well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST