PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Titans pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Titans have been able to win post Henry due to a very effective , all hands on deck, swarming defense (very reminiscent of some of our best defenses).

That said, as the weeks go by, not having Henry is severely hampering their "tough guy" we will punch you in the mouth, team identity. The further we get from the Henry injury the more vulnerable the Titans looks.

AJ Brown is having an injury riddled year, Julio Jones was a bust of a pick up and Jonnu isn't there anymore.

Pats should be able to win the dog fight. Won't be easy...fully expect vrabel to pull out all the stops defensively..but not having that knock out punch on offense (Henry) will prove to be the difference.

Pats are able to run the ball and that proves to be the difference.
I dont think the Titans will be able to out hit this Pats D. The D line is just nasty and the team is playing with a huge chip on their shoulder. Titans are in for a rough game with no Henry

The ultimate chess match.

Grasshopper Vrabel has learned well from the Master.

Quick roster question. Is Jonathan Jones done for the year, or is there a chance he could be back before the end of the season?

No, he's out for the rest of this season. He just had surgery on his shoulder.

Good morning everyone, getting you ready for a Wednesday:

I dont think the Titans will be able to out hit this Pats D. The D line is just nasty and the team is playing with a huge chip on their shoulder. Titans are in for a rough game with no Henry
Agreed. And the Titans defense is in the same mold. I’m thinking the over/under line should be about twenty, and under might be a good bet.

Illustrates what BB is trying to do here.

Teams that get top-heavy are reliant on health much more than teams that build redundancy.

I know people here hate the guy, but N'Keal Harry could step into Meyers' role easily, and Meyers could step into Bourne's tole easily, and Bourne could step into Agholor's role easily.

Smith could pick up the pace if Henry went down. henry can handle it all if Smith goes down, as we saw, and LaCosse is a veteran fill-in to handle the secondary duties against certain match-ups, and yes, Asiasi is good enough to handle the secondary duties if a different match-up is called for.

I'm not so sure the difference would be big in the Patriots even with the three you mention.

Harry wouldn't fill meyers role 1-1, but he can do things Meyers can't, and the defense would have to respect that.

Besides blocking, there is Nothing that Kneal can do that Meyers cannot.

And neither LaGlasse nor Assyiassy has shown Anything Whatsoever to indicate that either of them could handle even tertiary, never mind secondary, duties of the position, at any time, ever.

And neither LaGlasse nor Assyiassy has shown Anything Whatsoever to indicate that either of them could handle even tertiary, never mind secondary, duties of the position, at any time, ever.
So, blocking isn't an important thing in football?

Quick roster question. Is Jonathan Jones done for the year, or is there a chance he could be back before the end of the season?

No, he's out for the rest of this season. He just had surgery on his shoulder.

Technically, he could've returned at any time after three weeks; but that's extremely unlikely to happen, even for a game in February.

Agreed. And the Titans defense is in the same mold. I’m thinking the over/under line should be about twenty, and under might be a good bet.

Twenty points, total?

Meyers can’t block?

Nailed it again, Captain! 1637776004631.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back