PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Week 9 Pats @ Ravens

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn’t the answer, but I bet BB and staff look REAL hard at options. I am not as down on #72 because we knew he wasn’t an all pro coming in. Having said that, we need better production to give the team its best chance.

The bigger concern is that he may get Brady injured.

Just checking in. Everyone having fun?

Regards,
Chris

Well at least things could be worse, but this team red zone offense is absolute trash.

Gronky comeback!

The Pats are overcoming the Ravens AND the Officials thanks to the 2 turnovers. The Officials have had their whistles in their pockets for the Ravens with the exception of the egregious hit to the head on Watson..

The correct call was taking the 3 points since they spotted the ball out at the 1 yard line.. Granted, they could have lined up spread out to see if the Ravens clogged the middle and if they didn't, send Brady on the sneak, but with no more time outs, it makes changing things up without taking a Delay of Game penalty tough..
The officiating has been really corrupt. That holding call on Mason in the red zone was as corrupt of a call as there has ever been in any sport - textbook blocking, as far from a hold as a block can ever be.

I’m wondering if Jamie Collins wasn’t resorting to his old ways in the first quarter… Anybody have any insight on that?
They are running a zone read thing that you only see in college offenses. They picked on lawrence guy and he crashed on the RB so Jackson kept it.

He was impeccable timing wise on that throw to white kn sideline and had pulled in the extra blocker moments before the snap. A still got it play........has also looked better scrambling and making something from a would be sack at least twice.

He went from turtling to stepping up and staying alive.

They looked like 2 different teams that half. Exception is STs. They haven't done anything yet, but they're manhandling the ravens punt team.

I’m wondering if Jamie Collins wasn’t resorting to his old ways in the first quarter… Anybody have any insight on that?

Don't think he played hero ball or was lazy in the first half. Their offense is a lot to get used to and difficult to simulate through the scout team.

Is it a great performance so far? Nah but I also dont have any alarm bells ringing.

So what exactly were the Ravens doing to gash us so badly in the 1st quarter?

im glad Hightower lit up the defense, they deserved it.
I felt better when I saw him like that. Van Noy was also furious. They know that they are much better than what happened in the first quarter.

After SB 51 and the last almost 20 years it's a little surprising how quick fans here give up on them.

I don't know, but everyone except Simon looked out of control.

How's the GDT going? Guud?

My memory is hazy, how many people did Ray Lewis kill?
By the not scientific
Ratbird Balmer "we be betta thugz" standard
Pats beat them at that too.

AH had to be good for nine?

The defense has adjusted to this gimmick style offense.

So what exactly were the Ravens doing to gash us so badly in the 1st quarter?
I'd sum it up as "really good play fakes and tricky plays combined with a lot of screw-ups in gap assignments... plus the refs suck"

well at least its not 28-3

I absolutely love J. Jones and his versatility. They can deploy him in so many ways!
Was an excellent move to kick him up for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe