PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Broncos @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That answers any questions about who would have been the QB had the game been last last week.

Interesting that Taylor is inactive given that Michel is on IR. Maybe a pass-happy game plan?
Denver is considered to have a good running defense, so perhaps that is the thought.
The Broncos rank 11th in yards per carry allowed (4.2) and 13th in rushing yards allowed per game (109.0), despite opponents trying to run down the clock in three Denver losses.

Granted it was only the Jets, but last week Denver limited the NYJ running backs to 45 yards on 18 carries (2.5 yards per carry), with a long of 6 yards. (The total rushing yards allowed in that game were skewed because Darnold had a 46 yard scramble).

Hoyer to wear his street clothes today.
About time
Hope Bill finally relieves the team of this Hoyer affliction this offseason.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I know Lock is technically not a rookie. I wonder what Bill’s record as a coach is against QBs he’s seeing for the first time.

Preview for this thread, every time the Pats make a good play:
Pats win and Bills lose to KC, Patriots are in first place!

Preview for this thread, every time Denver has a successful play:
Pats lose and Miami beats the Jets, Patriots are in third place!

Finally this game...i am ready...we need a win today...we must go 3-2...Cam and Gilmore back is very very important...go Pats !!!!!

Double Chubb & we’ll get the dub (W)...

Last edited:
For the outsiders, what is the weather like? Predicting big game for Gunner and special teams.

For some reason Reshod Berry has become my binkie. Looking forward to see how BB utilises him.

Keane out again.

Really hoped that JJ Taylor would be more involved and especially in the passing game.

Pats lose and Miami beats the Jets, Patriots are in third place! FML!!!

You forgot the most important part:p

Pats lose and Miami beats the Jets, Patriots are in third place!
Not quite in first (4-2 vs 3-2) but yeah that sounds accurate to me.

So it seems Stid is now the backup QB. If the game gets out of hand either way would be good to give him some reps.

Should be interesting benchmark for our running game with Cam back. I’d say the Broncos run defense is not the best in the league but they are a bit above average and we’ve put up great numbers against subpar defenses. Over 200 today would be a great sign of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes