PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost waiting on Cousins . all-in on top 3 QB in draft
Indy got a bingo! WOW.
Moving down 3 spots where they can still get Chubb/Minkah they get 3x 2nd rounders

HOLY SHHHHHHHH*T!! That's a huuuuge premium over chart value to pay to move up three spots!

But then, trades involving top-5 picks are typically the only area where chart values really fail.

Agreed, Janis has been only a special teamer but a very good one, the same could be said about Mike Vrabel before Bill signed him away from Pittsburgh, maybe he needs a change of scenery or system, the talent is there.

KPL took a little longer to develop, partly due to injury, but he had a good season last year with the exception of getting busted for pot. He is a BC guy and great athlete who could possibly unseat Elandon Roberts who has been unspectacular to this point.

Wheaton has hung around the league because of his athleticism, maybe he would finally emerge in our system, no harm or much money involved in kicking the tires. Ebron is more receiving TE, Niklas is more blocking TE, both are very talented but can't stay healthy. A "show me" deal for either or both doesn't hurt anymore then bringing Wheaton in, the difference is both are still fairly young.

Vrabel was a lot more than a special-teamer during his first four season with the Steelers.

Reduction would be less than that because you gave to count a portion of the money converted to signing bonus.

My guess is that Chung's 2019 salary will be guaranteed, and/or a possible bonus before the start of the 2019 season.

Vrabel was a lot more than a special-teamer during his first four season with the Steelers.
Mike Vrabel made zero starts in his first four years with the Steelers, his best season saw 2 sacks and about 9 combined defensive tackles... he was a special teamer.

Mike Vrabel made zero starts in his first four years with the Steelers, his best season saw 2 sacks and about 9 combined defensive tackles... he was a special teamer.

Okay. Not getting into this again.

"Starts" is not a particularly meaningful stat.
Vrabel made regular appearances as a designated pass rusher.
Comparing his contributions with the Steelers to Janis' contributions with the Packers to draw some equivalence between them, and then to use the Vrabel example as a set up to somehow prove how highly likely it is for 4-year special teamers to suddenly become high-value contributors in their fifth season is twisted logic.

And if you don't know that, I can't help you.

Had a cap hit of about $5.7M. This saves the Titans about $3.1M.

I’m going to pretend that this is TB12’s workout room.

If they paid Suh you could pretty much kiss Gronk goodbye, I can’t imagine him taking the idea of Suh getting millions more than him well at all.

Would you go nuts if the video ended with Brady standing their chugging a beer

Or just a brief sound of Brady’s or the Brazilian Yoko’s voice off camera at the end of the video, followed by the internet losing its mind and the Patsfans.com server overloading.

Last edited:
Or just a brief sound of Brady’s or the Brazilian Yoko’s voice off camera at the end of the video, followed by the internet losing it’s mind and the Patsfans.com server overloading.
These Marvel after credits scenes are getting out of hand.

The Titans end up paying Willams about $8M for one year of service ...
... 15 games, 20 total tackles.

The Colts did a bit better, paying Hankins $10.5M for one year ...
... 15 games, 44 total tackles, 2 sacks, 3 PD.

WOW. Matty P must indeed be in love.
Pity he didn't get that at Philly after a better season in NE to give Pats another comp pick..

EDIT: old news..

Curious to see what the money is. Wilber made $1.75M last season with the 'Boys on his second contract. When he was drafted, I thought he might've made a good fit for the Pats at 6'4"/250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3