PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 3

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvin Ridley on potential return to the Jags: “I learned these guys, built relationships with them. I don’t really care to learn other people and plays and all that other stuff right now.”

That doesn't sound much like a guy I want on the Patriots.
Eliot Wolf in the media: "We hear that bro, we'll pull your offer. Sounds like Jacksonville is your only suitor now. Good luck getting the 'bag'. Peace!"

Hopefully today we see movement on Calvin Ridley, Tyron Smith and Jonah Williams. We will probably also see some shoes drop on players who are trade/cut candidates for teams with cap issues - namely, the Chargers and Keenan Allen/Mike Williams/Joey Bosa.
You can add Khalil Mack to that list.

Who's running the ship for the Chargers the accountant from Enron?? what ridiculous contracts.

I'd take either of Williams or Allen. Williams is probably the better fit, and younger, but Allen is still pretty damn good. I'm down regardless.

I'd also take Mack if we can give him a few years a lower rate. He's in the twilight of his career.

Calvin Ridley on potential return to the Jags: “I learned these guys, built relationships with them. I don’t really care to learn other people and plays and all that other stuff right now.”

That doesn't sound much like a guy I want on the Patriots.
Calvin well...Bye.

Asg GIF

The question is how much would the Chargers actually save against the cap if they traded or released any of these players?

$23.25M for Mack, $14.39M for Bosa, $23.1M for Allen, $20.0M for Williams. Same for both trade or release on all 4 players.

In terms of other moves...

they could renegotiate starting RT Trey Pipkins salary to signing bonus to save $4.1M.

They could do the same with star S Derwin James to save $7.75M.

They could release reserve DL Morgan Fox to save $3.5M.

They could release WR Josh Palmer to save $3.1M.

Herbert could be renegotiated to save $3.9M.

I'd take either of Williams or Allen. Williams is probably the better fit, and younger, but Allen is still pretty damn good. I'm down regardless.

I'd also take Mack if we can give him a few years a lower rate. He's in the twilight of his career.
Why? He’ll be done before they’re ready to compete. If you’re going that route, Armstead, Hunter, Rankins, Winfield were the way to go.

Our 3rd is extremely valuable.

Why trade for older guys who will be likely cuts and take on their contracts?

No!!!!

Our 3rd is so close to a 2nd. It could be used to help move our 2nd up into Round one or to draft a good prospect in Top 67.

I would trade the 6th we got for Mac for either one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back