PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2018 Draft Day Three (Rounds 4-7) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing this draft will give us Wynn, Michel, Dawson, a couple low round picks, and a few veterans traded for before/during preseason. Admittedly, that's not that bad - you drafted 3 guys who can actually start (or compete with the starters) as well as the capital to grab other starter-grade vets.

Man I thought Seattle would go griffin there at 120. Take TE instead which makes sense after losing graham and Willson.

I mean what's not to like about giving up 40+ points to a backup QB in the Superbowl?

I see you have mastered time travel technology and have seen the future injuries of Danny Shelton, Jason McCourty, Adrian Clayborn, Jonathan Jones and Donta Hightower. None of them were in the Super Bowl and thanks to your advanced and superior understanding of time and space, we now know that none of them will be available this year.

You should immediately transport yourself to Foxboro to let Bill "I'm a big idiot" Belichick know about these injuries.

The team basically announced that they were done after trading up for our DB. After the pick they announced a press conference to discuss the draftees.

We lost our own 3rd round pick last year in the Danny Shelton trade. Well we’ve now recovered that and likely moved up in the 3rd all for the sacrifice of a 4th rounder. I can live with swapping Shelton for a 4th rounder and gaining ground in the 3rd.

why?
a 2019 Detroit 3rd is great value for a 2018 4th
Upon further evaluation, I’d have to agree. It’s just been frustrating as a watcher not selecting anybody!

Pats have built up an impressive war chest for 2019 draft. Eleven picks. Six in the first three rounds, including projected comp picks for Solder and Butler.

They have traded out of this draft to have the ability to take a high QB next year.

If I could give this draft a grade lower than an F, I would. F minus ? Or maybe an F and an Incomplete ? Just a disgrace. Did we trade down with Cleveland for an extra 8th round pick ? I wouldn’t be surprised (there is no 8th round).

I see you have mastered time travel technology and have seen the future injuries of Danny Shelton, Jason McCourty, Adrian Clayborn, Jonathan Jones and Donta Hightower. None of them were in the Super Bowl and thanks to your advanced and superior understanding of time and space, we now know that none of them will be available this year.

You should immediately transport yourself to Foxboro to let Bill "I'm a big idiot" Belichick know about these injuries.

Let's hold on Danny Shelton going to canton. It remains to be seen if he can be a factor here. Clayborn's ok but nothing special. You better cross your fingers that hightower stays healthy for once.

I think BB doesnt like this draft class that much.
Said EVERY Pat’s fan in since 2000. We hear this after EVERY draft. It’s obvious Belichick uses the draft to stockpile talent AFTER the players have been picked by other teams, 3 or 4 years later, and then trades for them. He doesn’t build through the draft conventionally by grooming his home grown talent. He does groom talent from the later rounds or UDFAs. But obviously he doesn’t value high draft graded players until years later.

I am guessing this draft will give us Wynn, Michel, Dawson, a couple low round picks, and a few veterans traded for before/during preseason. Admittedly, that's not that bad - you drafted 3 guys who can actually start (or compete with the starters) as well as the capital to grab other starter-grade vets.

Plus all the players the Pats already traded some of this year’s picks for: Shelton, Brown, Patterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back