PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive Cord needs to adjust to New Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
It appeared to me that we defenitely let the Bills off of the hook the 1st half. We continued to play like last year when we really didn't have a running game and we needed Brady to carry the team on his shoulders. This year we look to have one of the best running attacks in the League. IN the 1st half the Bills D didn't show they could stop our run on that long drive......Maroney was getting into a rythym....Then every series after that we go to this Pass happy attack and ignore the run and loose the momentum. We could have wore out the Bills D and really established the line of scrimmage had we kept pounding the Ball and let Brady pick his spots.That second to the last series when Brady threw the Int....What were we thinking again....start off the series by trying to throw downfield....When we should have put that running game into effect. Taking time off the clock and marching downfield. The last series we smartened up. I just don't think our offensive game plan was designed or adjusted to take advantage of our obvious strength in this game. Maybe as the season progresses they will realize that we need to shift our Offensive game plan!

Last edited:
SCPatBoy said:
It appeared to me that we defenitely let the Bills off of the hook the 1st half. We continued to play like last year when we really didn't have a running game and we needed Brady to carry the team on his shoulders. This year we look to have one of the best running attacks in the League. IN the 1st half the Bills D didn't show they could stop our run on that long drive......Maroney was getting into a rythym....Then every series after that we go to this Pass happy attack and ignore the run and loose the momentum. We could have wore out the Bills D and really established the line of scrimmage had we kept pounding the Ball and let Brady pick his spots.That second to the last series when Brady threw the Int....What were we thinking again....start off the series by trying to throw downfield....When we should have put that running game into effect. Taking time off the clock and marching downfield. The last series we smartened up. I just don't think our offensive game plan was designed or adjusted to take advantage of our obvious strength in this game. Maybe as the season progresses they will realize that we need to shift our Offensive game plan!

I like the way you think my friend. Our running game is a stregnth. We need to use it as much and as often as possible.

SCPatBoy said:
I agree 100% This playcalling was a problem last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back