PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Patriots rank in the Belichick era

Oh? another "ONE player out of 22 starter makes ALL the difference" theorists. Brady was the GOAT, but football is different from the other team sports. In NO other sport does any individual's play rely on his teammates more than football, and that not just on offense. We've seen many GREAT offenses lose because of poor defenses. So your "its all about Brady" mantra falls flat against the light of reality. And I haven't even mentioned ST's. It wasn't Brady that kicked all those game winning FG's over the last 20 years.

Having "THAT guy" certainly helped, but it pisses me off when people make it seem like it was all about him. Christ, it would piss Brady off.
Come on, Ken. Wasn't my comment about getting popcorn a give away that I was sending out the "bat signal" for the anti BB folk?

I love Brady the player as much as anyone, but my post was meant to be ironic, sarcastic, or some kind of -ic.

The only football person I love more than Brady is BB!

How is this possible? Duh...because he had this guy
View attachment 38072

Off to cook up some popcorn...
Sorry about that folks. Looks like I poked the hornet nest.

Repeat after me everyone: "Neither GOAT would have been as great without the other". It's ok to accept it.

Would like to see those same stats from 2019 to present.
Well, we can look at 2021:
Total points for: 6th
Points against: 1st
Point differential: 2nd
Penalties: 12th
Giveaways: t20th
Takeaways: 3rd

Getting back to the original topic… The last few weeks this team is looking more like those sb contending patriot teams. Limiting big plays, winning the turnover battle, penalties I would need to look further into but I feel like we’ve limited the killer ones too. Thats the difference between winning and losing

Getting back to the original topic… The last few weeks this team is looking more like those sb contending patriot teams. Limiting big plays, winning the turnover battle, penalties I would need to look further into but I feel like we’ve limited the killer ones too. Thats the difference between winning and losing

This also looks like one of the Patriots teams that has completely bought in to what Belichick is preaching. There are still a lot of boxes to check but I love what I’m seeing.

Well, we can look at 2021:
Total points for: 6th
Points against: 1st
Point differential: 2nd
Penalties: 12th
Giveaways: t20th
Takeaways: 3rd

You have to understand that Belichick is never allowed to have a down year, even after losing the GOAT and completely fixing their cap situation. If they don’t win the SB he sucks and should be fired. 2020 was unacceptable, and any of the Belichick haters can tell you that, and that could have done a better job, some of they may have even made the playoffs in their fantasy leagues.

This also looks like one of the Patriots teams that has completely bought in to what Belichick is preaching. There are still a lot of boxes to check but I love what I’m seeing.

yep, still lots of season left but the culture definitely appears to have stayed, thats a great sign.

Shows that the Patriot success over the past two decades was attributable to more than just Brady's excellence.

Love Brady and all, but my dream is for Bill and Mac to win 3-4 super bowls over the next 10 years. A lot of conversation would start about how much of Bradys championships were due in or larger part to BB. The debate about who is really the "goat" would probably become more common again, and that would drive Brady nuts! Knocking him off his recent high-horse. Plus. You know 3-4 more championships.

Shows that the Patriot success over the past two decades was attributable to more than just Brady's excellence.
There were a crazy amount of great players responsible.

Troy, Tedy, Willie, Ty, Vince, Light, Branch, Rodney, Vrabel, Gronk and Jules come to mind right away but I'm sure I'm missing many other top players.

Love Brady and all, but my dream is for Bill and Mac to win 3-4 super bowls over the next 10 years. A lot of conversation would start about how much of Bradys championships were due in or larger part to BB. The debate about who is really the "goat" would probably become more common again, and that would drive Brady nuts! Knocking him off his recent high-horse. Plus. You know 3-4 more championships.
You should love Brady.
I think we were blessed to have B&B together and I seriously doubt that either is bothered by the other's success. They probably pull for each other.
If the Pats go on to win 3 or 4 more titles I'll be happy no matter who's HC and QB.

And they got to this point quicker than anyone thought they would. Getting a QB was critical.

One thing that I think we all knew was that the defense would carry the offense at first, and it has. The offense is coming around now and the Pats are a real threat.

You have to understand that Belichick is never allowed to have a down year, even after losing the GOAT and completely fixing their cap situation. If they don’t win the SB he sucks and should be fired. 2020 was unacceptable, and any of the Belichick haters can tell you that, and that could have done a better job, some of they may have even made the playoffs in their fantasy leagues.
Speaking of fantasy football, am I the only one that thinks it should be illegal for an NYFL owner to make rules in football and also have a stake in fantasy football? Something about that doesn't feel right.

IMHO Belichick is hands down the best HC and makes less mistakes in a season than some HCs make in a game. However, he has left himself open for some criticism with some of his draft picks. Nobody can say that for this year though. This has been one of his best.

If you think Brady was just one of the 22 and not the most important then football is not your thing. Brady determines the outcomes of games more so than other players. Sorry I had to break that news. Its funny though that you say Brady is determined by other players, but coaches who dont even play are not.

What I am most amazed about though with your post is you say AV made a kick but failed to mention how he got close enough to make it? I am almost sure AV misses the kick from their own 20 yard line where they started. One thing that folks like you seem to miss. Most valuable does not mean only valuable, it just means most valuable. So yeah, Brady made the biggest impact on those teams, want to know why? Because he was the only player that was on every one of them. When AV left the winning didnt stop. When a center left the winning didnt stop, when an outside lineback left the winning didnt stop, receivers, running backs, etc etc.

More funny then that, was the tweet said this was "Belichicks" stats...you were ok with that. I believe Bill is one guy too and he doesnt play.
I always swear I wont engage and this argument is dumb yet somehow they keep pulling back in. Yes Bill is one guy but the difference is he is the head coach, I.e. the guy who can and does to one extent or another make every player on the 53 and practice squad better. Brady at most can affect the 28 guys on offense and guess who Bill still gets some credit for? All of Bradys excellence. Is Bill able to turn a total jag scrub into a pro bowler? No of course not but he has for 20+ years put together the kind of players that band together and play above their weight class by playing smart, tough, disciplined football. All signs of good coaching. How many players do you need to hear marvel at how detailed BB is? How he calls games before they even happen so players know exactly what to expect?

Brady is the undisputed GOAT and no way does BB win 6 superbowls without him but the opposite is also 100% true. Who else starts a 6th round throw away over the 100 million dollar guy the owner considers a son? Brady is a hard working detail oriented perfectionist, sound like anyone you know rubbing off on him for 20 years? I admire BOTH men for everything they did for this franchise and see nothing wrong with hoping both do well, except when they play each other cuz Brady wears different laundry.

My opinion if you held a gun to my head of who deserves what percent of credit is BB 55% Brady 45% and Kraft 5%. I think you need all 3 to have the unmatchable perfection that was the past 20 years. I think BB is the guy that gave us the consistency, put him on a team alone and I think they make the playoffs year on and year out amd the one year everything falls in place they win a SB 13-3. Brady is the guy that in the 4th quarter of a close game turns into Psycho Tom and makes magic happen. Him alone on a team gets you a SB or two when everything falls in place right but more often then not would have one and dones or miss the playoff. Put them together amd you have a team that gets 18 shots at a title winning 6.

They are both the GOAT and saying one or the other deserves anything more the 70% of the credit is beyond idiotic.

Speaking of fantasy football, am I the only one that thinks it should be illegal for an NYFL owner to make rules in football and also have a stake in fantasy football? Something about that doesn't feel right.

IMHO Belichick is hands down the best HC and makes less mistakes in a season than some HCs make in a game. However, he has left himself open for some criticism with some of his draft picks. Nobody can say that for this year though. This has been one of his best.

The issue with draft criticism is that it’s never in context. I agree that Belichick has had plenty of bad draft picks, but so has every other franchise. All you have to do is look at the top fifteen miss rate for the last ( name your number) of years to see that. And those are the “can’t miss” players, the rest is pretty much a crap shoot.He can’t however pick a WR to save his life, although he’s much better with veteran WR’s. And overall he is outstanding at crafting a really strong team the vast majority of seasons. I don’t know of anyone I would rather have running this franchise.

Last edited:
BB is the GOAT coach.
Brady is the GOAT player.
Together they did something that will never be surpassed, because it took having TWO GOATS on the same team to make it happen.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back