PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nytimes:Roger Goodell’s Power Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
mj9k6.jpg

I'll believe the players striking over Goodell when I see it. Their CBA has a no strike/lockout clause through its expiration (prior to 2021 season). The percentage of players on NFL rosters today who will be on NFL rosters during the 2020-2021 offseason is going to be surprisingly low. If Moron just hangs low from here on out, will today's college players (and in some cases, high school players) care that much about it?

Man, ownership is so far up its own ass I don't think they'll ever find their way out. Apparently DeMaurice Smith is solely to blame for the relationship between the league and PA becoming combative.

“I think it’s largely due to the social-media age, and the fact that he had some high-profile cases and admittedly made some mistakes,” John Mara, an owner of the Giants, said of the attention Goodell receives.

Give us an example, John!..and then there's:

“Once he makes up his mind, he certainly has a strong opinion on things,” said Art Rooney II, an owner of the Steelers.

More like unreasonable, Art!

Give us an example, John!..and then there's:

“Once he makes up his mind, he certainly has a strong opinion on things,” said Art Rooney II, an owner of the Steelers.

More like unreasonable, Art

That alone is why he should never arbitrate a case

“The whole reason you have a commissioner in any sport, the most fundamental reason for that office, is to protect the integrity of the game,” said Jeff Pash, the N.F.L.’s top lawyer.

I think I'm going to be ill...

I'll believe the players striking over Goodell when I see it. Their CBA has a no strike/lockout clause through its expiration (prior to 2021 season). The percentage of players on NFL rosters today who will be on NFL rosters during the 2020-2021 offseason is going to be surprisingly low. If Moron just hangs low from here on out, will today's college players (and in some cases, high school players) care that much about it?

The players won't keep it together.....too many Carson Palmer types

I have believed for a long time that Goodell is deliberately being heavy handed and completely unreasonable to make his Article 46 authority a bargaining chip to use to get the 18 game season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST