PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NYG Team Trainers Saved the Life of Logan Ryan's Wife After Bucs Game

That is fortunate. I'm glad she's doing alright now.

I'm glad the trainers talked her into going to the hospital. Same thing happened to my sister but she knew she was newly pregnant. But I believe the only difference was some bleeding down below. She would've died had she not acted quickly and gone to the hospital.

Losing the child and escaping death really bothers her mentally. And into the fact that because of the surgery, the Doctors believe she will not be able to have children. Same might be for Logan Ryan's wife.

Ectopic pregnancy that ruptures is deathly serious, that was close to being fatal. Good job by the trainers. Interesting that the IUD wasn’t effective against ectopic pregnancy. It makes sense that the Intra Uterine Device (IUD) wouldn’t protect against fertilization in the Fallopian Tube. The IUD doesn‘t stop fertilization, it stops implantation. Fertilized egg caught in the tube never got to it. That’s a good one for a medical journal write up, some good lessons to be learned there.

Lucky break that the trainer had the awareness and cared enough to help them to get to a positive ending.

Also good on Joe Judge for hiring/keeping people around that seem to care about helping others even late at night after a game. Some would have minded their own business.

Ectopic pregnancy that ruptures is deathly serious, that was close to being fatal. Good job by the trainers. Interesting that the IUD wasn’t effective against ectopic pregnancy. It makes sense that the Intra Uterine Device (IUD) wouldn’t protect against fertilization in the Fallopian Tube. The IUD doesn‘t stop fertilization, it stops implantation. Fertilized egg caught in the tube never got to it. That’s a good one for a medical journal write up, some good lessons to be learned there.

The primary method of how IUD work is to prevent implantation (Foreign body in the uterus) but it also creates a hostile environment for sperm. So the overall chance of the fertilization is extremely low.
Because of this the overall pregnancy rate is extremely low… Almost the same as a tubal ligation.
Ectopic rates are lower than the general population, but a positive pregnancy test in someone with an IUD should be treated/managed as an ectopic until proven otherwise.
@TheRainMaker - Sorry to hear about your sister. IVF is a good option for someone with missing/blocked Fallopian tubes.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back