NY Daily News - Manning will have record day vs Patriots defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
NY Giants QB Eli Manning could be in store for a record day against Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI - NY Daily News

"While Eli Manning is torching the Pats, he could make a place for himself in the record book"

INDIANAPOLIS — Eli Manning will pick up his second Super Bowl trophy on Sunday night against the defensively challenged Patriots. While he’s at it, he could make a place for himself in the Super Bowl record book for most passing yards.

The Giants’ strength is throwing the ball. The Patriots’ weakness comes anytime the ball is put in the air.

Manning is going to torch the Patriots secondary. New England gave up the second-most passing yards in NFL history this season, and Manning threw for nearly 5,000 yards. The Patriots’ pass defense is made for the Giants’ pass offense.

Read more: NY Giants QB Eli Manning could be in store for a record day against Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI - NY Daily News

We're doomed.........

On the other hand, the Giant defense that gave up 25 ppg this year, is made for our offense that scored over 30 points 13 times and have averaged 35.9 since midseason.
Anyone care if we trade a yardage record for scoring the most points in the game?

#1 Record to fall?....

Most "Manning Faces" ever in Indianapolis!

Currently held by: Manning, Peyton

NY Giants QB Eli Manning could be in store for a record day against Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI - NY Daily News

"While Eli Manning is torching the Pats, he could make a place for himself in the record book"

INDIANAPOLIS — Eli Manning will pick up his second Super Bowl trophy on Sunday night against the defensively challenged Patriots. While he’s at it, he could make a place for himself in the Super Bowl record book for most passing yards.

apparently there is not enough money on the Giants ... writers are being bought off. The hard core bettors won't be swayed but the casual gamblers will be ...

Last edited:
Yes. They will. I wouldn't expect any different.

I don't expect the Patriots special teams to start sucking and I certainly don't expect Patriots D to all of a sudden start playing like Pittsburgh.

I do fully expect them to allow another 400 yards but only 20-25 points like they have all season long though.

I also expect the offense to score 30+ points off of only about 325 yards.

I mean seriously, why would anyone expect something different?

Still fail to see how this will help the Giants win though. Last time I checked the Super Bowl works the same way. We don't give the trophy to the team with most yards, we still go off the points, right?

Last edited:
Wriiten by the same jerk off who wrote that bs piece on Brady guaranteeing a SB win.

What's so sad is the Giants were 29th in passing defense and one of the worst in rushing offense and rushing defense. Did it ever occur to that dummy that Brady could have a record day against that sorry Giants pass defense?

What's so sad is the Giants were 29th in passing defense and one of the worst in rushing offense and rushing defense. Did it ever occur to that dummy that Brady could have a record day against that sorry Giants pass defense?

It will by about 7:30 on Sunday

2011 regular season stats

Points gained PG Patriots 32.1 Giants 24.6
Points allowed PG Patriots 21.4 Giants 25

What am I missing here? The Patriots offense and defense was better in points per game.

What's the record for interceptions thrown in the SB? Manning could beat that one...

What's the record for interceptions thrown in the SB? Manning could beat that one...

Rich Gannon threw 5 ints vs the Tampa Bay in SB 37. Let's hope Eli at least Eli ties it.

Edit-3 of them went for TDs.

Last edited:

What am I missing here? The Patriots offense and defense was better in points per game.

Well I think what you're really missing is that our education system has failed, and the majority of people who watch TV or read the internet are no longer independent thinkers. They believe for some odd reason that yards matter more than points. People are willing to believe whatever the TV says about football.

If this isn't the hardest real life evidence of a prime example of media brainwashing over the years I'm not sure what is. Imagine what they're doing with everything else that actually, really matters, like say elections....

We're doomed.

But not the Patriots:D And I actually find this very fitting. The Patriots are like the one ray of truth left in a football world filled with misdirection and illusion. All you have to do is just observe them.

The patriots d was worse the last time they played but they still shut out the giants in the first half...

OMFG I never wanted a player to get an INT so bad.

Praying for an Edelman pic 6, please, please, please let it happen.

What you are missing is just how good these Giants are, they scored almost as many points as they gave up.

This may be the dumbest article I've ever read.

Who cares where McCourty and Arrington went to school. To not even mention that each of them has been near the top of the league in interceptions the last two years (McCourty last year and Arrington this year) is just plain dishonest.

Does anyone care that Darrelle Revis didn't go to Florida or Texas? Wasn't there a good player that once played for Mississippi Valley State? Really? You are basing an argument on where the defensive backs went to college? This guy is a football writer!

No mention that the Giants' pass defense wasn't much better, and no mention that last time these two teams met, the score was 0-0 at halftime.

Honestly, if Eli throws for 420 yards, I think the Pats win. Huge passing totals are usually the sign of needing to play catch up. Kurt Warner also owns the 2nd and 3rd highest yards totals in Super Bowl history, both coming in losses. I hope Brady throws for about 300 yards and our running backs run for 150. That's more of a recipe for success, and the stats back it up.

Seriously.

Last edited:
like I said, all is fun and games until a DL makes a game changing hit on manning. he will get his bell rung early.....maybe even a concussion

if I write it, it will happen

Like when he absolutely lit up the Patriots' defense during the regular season when the Giants scored 50 points and Eli put up 500 yards passing?

Oh wait, you mean they only scored 24 points and Eli was 20-39 for 250 yards and a 77.9 passer rating? How is that possible of the Pats' porous defense is tailor-made for Eli and their unstoppable receiving corps?

Gary Myers has proven that you don't have to be very bright to make it in New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back