PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nuggets from Gillette, from Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriotis

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Looks like Seau is not coming back. Guyton's spot is locked in for now and Brady is on schedule.

Will Ventrone switch to a WR #, 85 & 87 are available and will Slater switch to a DB jersey #. They could switch w/each other. Maybe the Pats keep Ventrone listed as a S and Slater as WR and this is a moot point.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/nuggets_from_gi_1.html

A few nuggets to pass along:

Jerod Mayo now occupies the corner locker that was Junior Seau's the last two years. Throughout the offseason and training camp/preseason, that locker had been empty.

Rookie free agent Gary Guyton, who wore No. 48 in the preseason, is now No. 59.

Several players said they were unaware of which players were cut Saturday, with Rodney Harrison and Jonathan Wilhite expressing surprise regarding Fernando Bryant.

Quarterback Tom Brady walked through the room, coming from the weight room, but did not speak with reporters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I just say that, having re-watched the Giants game, I was very impressed with Guyton. They had him calling the plays whenever he was on the field. And he seemed to be comfortable calling out the adjustments.

Can I just say that, having re-watched the Giants game, I was very impressed with Guyton. They had him calling the plays whenever he was on the field. And he seemed to be comfortable calling out the adjustments.

That's a great point. I will re-watch this game again to see that, I hadn't noticed. I was really focusing on the OL and DL very closely this last game.

That's a great point. I will re-watch this game again to see that, I hadn't noticed. I was really focusing on the OL and DL very closely this last game.

I continue to be amazed that Wesley Britt made the team. He was horrible at LT and was directly responsible for 2 sacks. But the league is so short on quality OTs, I guess we can't have everything.

I continue to be amazed that Wesley Britt made the team. He was horrible at LT and was directly responsible for 2 sacks. But the league is so short on quality OTs, I guess we can't have everything.

I like Britt overall although he has had some tough moments this preseason. Is not starting material at this point, is overmatched vs 1st line DL's. He is a hard worker and has continually improved. He is not a LT, better at RT with the flexibility to be a swing OT.

Last edited:
As much as I wanted Seau to come back for one more season, this is very very encouraging. It means that BB has enough faith in all the young linebackers that we don't need the veteran insurance policy.

Wouldn't rule out him returning if there's an injury later though.

As much as I wanted Seau to come back for one more season, this is very very encouraging. It means that BB has enough faith in all the young linebackers that we don't need the veteran insurance policy.

Wouldn't rule out him returning if there's an injury later though.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing