PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notes from 08/04 morning session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here are a few notes from the recently concluded morning practice session at Gillette Stadium: Most of the starters — including quarterback Tom Brady, wide receiver Randy Moss, linebacker Tedy Bruschi and defensive lineman Richard Seymour — were not present for the duration of practice. However, a handful of first-teamers on both the offense (including running [...]

More...

Here are a few notes from the recently concluded morning practice session at Gillette Stadium: Most of the starters — including quarterback Tom Brady, wide receiver Randy Moss, linebacker Tedy Bruschi and defensive lineman Richard Seymour — were not present for the duration of practice. However, a handful of first-teamers on both the offense (including running [...]

More...

Thanks! Where was Welker??

Good point--not on the field. Should have added him to the list.....

More...

Does this mean Brady probably won’t be at tonight practice as well?

Thanks, Chris.

On a slightly different note, what ever happened to the 'rookie haircut' ritual? I always got a kick out of the different haircuts and Mankins' "haircut" in particular made me laugh. The slip 'n slide routine doesn't seem nearly as humiliating.

Thanks, Chris.

On a slightly different note, what ever happened to the 'rookie haircut' ritual? I always got a kick out of the different haircuts and Mankins' "haircut" in particular made me laugh. The slip 'n slide routine doesn't seem nearly as humiliating.

I know they still do some of that -- witness Maroney's shaved eyebrows as a rookie. But I know that some folks weren't happy with that part of the rookie hazing process. (Teams around the league started cracking down on public hazing rituals a few years ago, and that may have come under that umbrella.) However, I know the rookies are forced to participate in skits during camp, most of which are aimed at Belichick.

I know they still do some of that -- witness Maroney's shaved eyebrows as a rookie. But I know that some folks weren't happy with that part of the rookie hazing process. (Teams around the league started cracking down on public hazing rituals a few years ago, and that may have come under that umbrella.) However, I know the rookies are forced to participate in skits during camp, most of which are aimed at Belichick.

Chris - Well done and thanks for the insight!

Thanks again, Chris! I had forgotten about the eyebrow-shaved Maroney... priceless.

After a quick search, the only photo I could find was Clint Oldenburg (who I think is with the Jets) and Oscar Lua (currently a free agent?). Anyway, interesting insight on the hazings. I guess the professionals have to set the right tone and example, even if it seems pretty innocent, IMO.

patshair.jpg

Thanks again, Chris! I had forgotten about the eyebrow-shaved Maroney... priceless.

After a quick search, the only photo I could find was Clint Oldenburg (who I think is with the Jets) and Oscar Lua (currently a free agent?). Anyway, interesting insight on the hazings. I guess the professionals have to set the right tone and example, even if it seems pretty innocent, IMO.

patshair.jpg

Oh, man. I forgot how bad Oldenburg's haircut was. Anyway, I'll ask around about some other rookie stuff--or if they have anything planned for the rookies--later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back