PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not Replaced From Last Year

They have 11 draft picks and at least 5 more roster spots to fill after they sign those draft picks.

There will be a lot of quality players cut in salary cap crunches still to come.

Agreed, as the saying goes can't fix stupid.. therefore in my opinion was no other way to describe the decisions other than stupidity.. a man so intelligent, so structured so detailed thinking that offensive football with a 2nd yr QB could come easy to a coach who although was a head coach before, but however never called offense.. was just as a fan frustratingly stupid..
I would love to hear Bill's honest thoughts on why he was willing to do last year the way he did. I have a hard time understanding his decision as it really did amount to throwing away an entire year. Hard to fathom.

I would love to hear Bill's honest thoughts on why he was willing to do last year the way he did. I have a hard time understanding his decision as it really did amount to throwing away an entire year. Hard to fathom.
After the dust has settled it is clear that the MP bridge year was a lost year resulting in a W-L record that was less than the talent on the team. He will never say it, there is no way that BB thought for a minute that things would go as badly as they did or would make the same decision again. In reality MP and JJ were the biggest losers because they limited their future career options forever.

Yes perfectly put, I'm sure privately he likely told ownership "Well I figured Matt and Joe being that they were head coaches before could be able to handle the offense.. I overestimated thier abilities to do so.. it's on me."

That's how I feel it probably went. What's so infuriating as a fan is we didn't have to focus so much on titled and coaches becuase we were winning.. once that stops then when moves like this gets pulled you can't fool people anymore.. I still think coach is the GOAT, but this right here was just utterly stupid. Just my opinion

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back