PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not Brady’s Best Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't be great when constantly under pressure

I dismissed the idea that the Rams defense was today’s version of those Giants defenses that stymied Brady and the offense.

Couldn’t have been more wrong. They were.

It's hard to get the passing game going with 2018 Hogan out there as your #2 receiver. Dorsett was invisible as well. Gronkowski showed up, but we're not talking about a dominant Shaq-like creature of yesteryear anymore...

0-6, with 1 int when throwing to Hogan.:eek:

This is going to be the narrative of all the haters today - that Brady didn't have a good game. What no one will talk about is the masterful job Wade Phillips did yesterday. You could not have called a better defensive game. I mean to hold Brady and Co. to 13 points is unbelievable.

Phillips had a brilliant game plan disguising his coverage and the rush was getting there too quick for the slow developing routes.

When we finally spread them out, which we did in that TD drive, Brady was on target. We waited too long to do that but our defense saved us.

It was definitely a shaky performance. Wr is one of the priorities for 2019. Im not sure what happened to white either since halftime of the chiefs game but he was invisible since. That said some really questionable plays by him. Guy’s human. But things even out, hes been let down by hiis d before, yesterday they carried him till he put that drive together , especially after last years sb it was due.

can't be great when constantly under pressure
Nor when you have the receiving corps that he had to work with. Defense deserves the honors of course for keeping this bad boy close but he made the plays when he needed to in order to win.

Where were those magnanimous words last year when the majority refused to give any credit whatsoever to Foles and their offense ?

It's easier to be rational after a win.

No need to move on. Hes a WR 3,4. Keep him there hes fine.

Just because hes not a WR2 you dont cut him

His contract is up, though. I would think you could find a younger option for around the same money.

Brady didn't play well but he made that massive play to 87 when it counted. I hope the talking heads don't hold Brady's subpar game against the team and the incredible fest that accomplished. 3/4 super bowls for the second time in a league where you are punished severely for winning is ****ing amazing

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
His stat line in 36 wasn’t the best either, but like 36, he delivered with the game on the line

This is going to be the narrative of all the haters today - that Brady didn't have a good game. What no one will talk about is the masterful job Wade Phillips did yesterday. You could not have called a better defensive game. I mean to hold Brady and Co. to 13 points is unbelievable.

What’s more unbelievable is holding a The #2 offense to 3 points.

His contract is up, though. I would think you could find a younger option for around the same money.
Maybe.

To your point I certainly would not overpay.

Let The whining begin. Brady didn't throw for 350 yards and 3 touchdowns, therefore he sucks. Hey the other team had a defense too. He did enough to win the damn game. Enjoy it while you have it. When he's gone we all will miss him.

No one will ever convince me that it’s an ugly win. Last night if someone had said that. The outcome would have been less than optimal.

In the regular season, I’ll say some wins are ugly but an ugly super bowl trophy is some kind of stupid oxymoron

Ha ha , true. Calling a super bowl ugly only happens when you are crazy enough to have five others as a comparison.

Remember we won the first one because of defense

Honestly I think Goff was in over his head.

I think our defense made Goff look like that. He was pressured all game, but when he had time he made plays, the two balls to cooks that could have resulted in tds were real good throws, but our dbs factored greatly in their incompletions. He had time to throw those passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes