Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Report: Rob Gronkowski dealt with Achilles, back injuries during 2018

First, in Week 5, he was dealing with Achilles tendonitis, sources said, an ailment officially listed as an ankle that zapped some of his explosiveness. A back injury then came in Week 7.

Sources said he he had a bulging disc in his back that further worked to slow Gronkowski down. It took him more than a month to show signs of recovery and in Week 15 he was finally off the report, only to return for Week 16.

A 8/105 2 TD beasting game from Gronk would make this offense scary.

If he’s really truly healthy then it’s a complete game changer. I think more importantly is that he’s going into this game knowing it’s his last so he’s going to go all out and not hold anything back like he obviously was during much of the season.

Think this is going to be his best game of the year. Be interesting to see if they try putting Talib on him. Just makes another weapon sonewhere else on the field.

Super Gronk!

Think this is going to be his best game of the year. Be interesting to see if they try putting Talib on him. Just makes another weapon sonewhere else on the field.
Who does that leave to cover Edelman, hogan, Dorsett and Patterson?
Plus Talib isn’t big enough to handle Gronk. Free release or poor jam, choose your poison.

If he’s really truly healthy then it’s a complete game changer. I think more importantly is that he’s going into this game knowing it’s his last so he’s going to go all out and not hold anything back like he obviously was during much of the season.
I’m not so sure it’s his last.

This could be huge.

Plus Talib isn’t big enough to handle Gronk. Free release or poor jam, choose your poison.

Yep. He did a good job on Jimmy Graham all those years ago, but Gronk is a whole other kettle of fish.

Even Talib on Edelman works for us. If he's what he was when he was with us, he's probably best suited to cover Hogan...but I could be wrong.

I think we’re going a little far if we’re asking who’s gonna cover patterson dorsett or Hogan lol. Not like they’ve burned every suspect matchup all year. Patterson is barely a receiver ha

I agree in a vacuum but I think part of the issue is that after getting so beat up on sunday Gronk doesn’t feel that he can take the physical punishment of powerlifting during the subsequent week.
I think this may be more referring to the offseason

I agree in a vacuum but I think part of the issue is that after getting so beat up on sunday Gronk doesn’t feel that he can take the physical punishment of powerlifting during the subsequent week.
Weight and strength training makes it easier to take the punishment. That’s the real point.

I think we’re going a little far if we’re asking who’s gonna cover patterson dorsett or Hogan lol. Not like they’ve burned every suspect matchup all year. Patterson is barely a receiver ha
No. If they put a corner on gronk they don’t have corners who can cover those guys and as we have seen Brady will find them.

Gronk is my Super Bowl MVP pick.

Catches some balls and throws a bunch of Rams out of the club in the running game

Nothing would make me happier than one final game by Gronk in prime form ending in a super bowl win

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News