PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nope, Tim Tebow can't play in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they're winning in spite of him, not because of him. They're winning in spite of the entire offense.

Since Tebow took over as starter, the Broncos offense has averaged 1.31 points per drive, 23.5 yards per drive, and scored a TD on 15% of their drives. That would rank them 26th, 25th and 31st in the league. When Orton was playing, the Broncos offense averaged more yards per possession, more points per possession, more TDs per possession.

The offense is all a QB's play has an affect on, and since Tebow took over the Broncos' offense, it's performed worse, not better. The fact that they are winning more games is entirely coincidental to Tebow playing or not.

You can't seriously think that. You don't go from 1-4, to 4-1, and it's just coincidental.

His teammates feed off him a million times better than with Orton. Are you telling me if Orton was still the guy, they'd have this same record?

Let's not forget the most important part. Tebow statistically is not blowing anyone away, but late in games, he is WINNING the game! He's making plays that have a direct effect on the outcome.

"Hate" is such a strong word to use in sports. It is a game, you know? It's suppose to be positive outlet to use in your life, not one filled with as much animosity as you seem to have.

If my gorilla eating didn't make clear my facetiousness, I suppose nothing will.

I was mildly interested in the fact that there is a 200 post thread on the guy on the Patriots message board. Seems like a good guy. I hope we kick the crap out of him -- it's always hard to play out there. Otherwise, it's just kind of funny that people seem to feel so strongly about the guy. I'm sure his faith has a lot to do with it.

Is it love, or just admiration people are having for him? Tebow exhibits the qualities we wish half the human population would exhibit. If there were more people like Tebow in this world, we'd be living in complete harmony. If there were more people who was like Tebow, they'd be much happier human beings. People would achieve a lot more with their lives, and we wouldn't be a society that's constantly at each others throats.

I think a lot of people who are so against Tebow in ever way are those who have done nothing meaningful with their own life. So when they see a Tebow that comes along, they resent him with everything in him.

I bet Tom Brady of all people is a big fan of Tebow's.

What a crock of ****.

"Hate" is such a strong word to use in sports. It is a game, you know? It's suppose to be positive outlet to use in your life, not one filled with as much animosity as you seem to have.

Okay, that's fine if you really don't give a hoot about anything that has nothing to do with the Patriots. Not a big deal, and you're entitled to feel that way. But not everyone feels the same. Other people can respect, and admire what other athletes on different teams have to offer.

Is it love, or just admiration people are having for him? Tebow exhibits the qualities we wish half the human population would exhibit. If there were more people like Tebow in this world, we'd be living in complete harmony. If there were more people who was like Tebow, they'd be much happier human beings. People would achieve a lot more with their lives, and we wouldn't be a society that's constantly at each others throats.

I think a lot of people who are so against Tebow in ever way are those who have done nothing meaningful with their own life. So when they see a Tebow that comes along, they resent him with everything in him.

You forgot to mention, he's the reason the sun rises every morning and when it rains it's because Tim Tebow is sad, that he is responsible for everything good and pure in this world, puppy dogs, ice cream, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Last edited:
But they're winning in spite of him, not because of him. They're winning in spite of the entire offense.

Since Tebow took over as starter, the Broncos offense has averaged 1.31 points per drive, 23.5 yards per drive, and scored a TD on 15% of their drives. That would rank them 26th, 25th and 31st in the league. When Orton was playing, the Broncos offense averaged more yards per possession, more points per possession, more TDs per possession.

The offense is all a QB's play has an affect on, and since Tebow took over the Broncos' offense, it's performed worse, not better. The fact that they are winning more games is entirely coincidental to Tebow playing or not.

Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine has us stuck in 2001 when Pats fans insisted that it was a coincidence that although the Patriots were 11-3 with Brady after Bledsoe's injury and had been 5-13 prior to that with Bledsoe it was just coincidence.

And no, I'm NOT comparing the two simply illustrating how blind to facts people can be when their minds are set on a paradigm.

Okay, that's fine if you really don't give a hoot about anything that has nothing to do with the Patriots. Not a big deal, and you're entitled to feel that way. But not everyone feels the same. Other people can respect, and admire what other athletes on different teams have to offer.

No disrespect to your opinion but that world that I live in does not enjoy being told that if I don't believe in Tim Tebow's faith that I'm going to hell nor does it preclude the woman's right to choice. I doubt people would be bothered by Tebow's faith if he wasn't so opinionated and openly expressive to the point of disdain.

The world would be a happier place if people were accepting of other people and their position, not forcing their own unto others.

The greatest point is the world would be a happier place if the Jets went 0-16 for the remainer of human existence.

Last edited:
Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine has us stuck in 2001 when Pats fans insisted that it was a coincidence that although the Patriots were 11-3 with Brady after Bledsoe's injury and had been 5-13 prior to that with Bledsoe it was just coincidence.

And no, I'm NOT comparing the two simply illustrating how blind to facts people can be when their minds are set on a paradigm.

Not only that but starting with the Indy game and all the way to Sb 36, the defense allowed 16.8 ppg and the offense scored a little more than 24 ppg. Not too shabby.

I am not a Christian. I don't give a crap about his religious beliefs. I don't particularly follow his team, since I am a Patriots fan. I have become more of a supporter in part since I am by nature a contrarian and am sick of the wall-to-wall media bashing of the guy.

I did get to see him play regularly in college.

I can tell you this for an absolute fact: when Denver got the ball at their own 5 yard line with a little under six minutes left, and despite the fact that they had punted on something like 8 possessions in a row, I told my wife and my father-in-law (a houseguest) that there was no way that Denver was not going to, at MINIMUM, send the game to overtime, and that more likely they would win it outright.

There was no logical reason to think this, other than I had seen him lead similarly long-shot drives.

Why can't he be as focused for the rest of the game? I don't know. But when it is all on the line, the dude is clutch. And as I said earlier, I don't care if he is praying to God, Buddha, or Satan.

Last edited:

I'll try a hit, thanks :singing:

What a strange world the NFL is. Cam Newton comes out of college and lights up the league through the air. Tim Tebow defies convention and wins games by methodically pounding it down field. Now the funny part is John Fox. Fox left Carolina and lost out on the first overall pick. Which turned into Cam Newton. Once he showed up in Denver he let the world know that he was looking for a QB with the skill set of a player like Cam Newton not Tim Tebow. Now like it or not (like), he might be forced to stick with the antithesis of what he was looking for in a QB. But, why does John Fox not mind being in such a pickle. Well because of Al Davis of course. "JUST WIN BABY...."

You can't seriously think that. You don't go from 1-4, to 4-1, and it's just coincidental.

His teammates feed off him a million times better than with Orton. Are you telling me if Orton was still the guy, they'd have this same record?

Let's not forget the most important part. Tebow statistically is not blowing anyone away, but late in games, he is WINNING the game! He's making plays that have a direct effect on the outcome.

During the Broncos' first 5 starts, the defense gave up 28 points per game. In their last five starts, they're allowing 21 points per game. The offense, as I previously pointed out, is scoring less.

I dunno, maybe you might want to look over on the side of the ball that's actually started playing better when divvying out credit for the team's turnaround.

What a strange world the NFL is. Cam Newton comes out of college and lights up the league through the air. Tim Tebow defies convention and wins games by methodically pounding it down field. Now the funny part is John Fox. Fox left Carolina and lost out on the first overall pick. Which turned into Cam Newton. Once he showed up in Denver he let the world know that he was looking for a QB with the skill set of a player like Cam Newton not Tim Tebow. Now like it or not (like), he might be forced to stick with the antithesis of what he was looking for in a QB. But, why does John Fox not mind being in such a pickle. Well because of Al Davis of course. "JUST WIN BABY...."
I think it's generally accepted that Fox was tanking during his last year or two with the Panthers. Strange world indeed.

Tim Tebow still sucks.

Oh, but all he does is win!

Are you ****en kidding me?

People said the same **** about Vince Young HIS rookie year. Where is he now?

A QB's primary skill is throwing a football. He can't throw. What more do you need to know?

Whoever was insisting on that was being foolish.

The Pats offense was demonstrably better under Brady than with Bledsoe.

In 2000, under Bledsoe, the Patriots were 24th in the league in yards per drive, and 25th in both points per drive and TDs/drive.

In 2001, under Brady from week 3 on, the Patriots were 9th in yards per drive, 7th in points per drive and 6th in touchdowns per drive.

Now, of course, there was more roster turnover than just Brady in the Pats offense from year to year, but still, the comparison is pretty stark -- in the bottom quarter of the league in 2000, to a top ten offense in 2001.

That's something that makes sense to credit a quarterback for.

...Tebow exhibits the qualities we wish half the human population would exhibit. If there were more people like Tebow in this world, we'd be living in complete harmony. If there were more people who was like Tebow, they'd be much happier human beings. People would achieve a lot more with their lives, and we wouldn't be a society that's constantly at each others throats.....

How do you know what Tim Tebow is actually like as a person, in day-to-day life? I'm not about to say he's an as*hole, but I think one problem in sports and society in general is idolizing other people we don't actually know -- and you seem tobe doing just that.

As for accomplishments, not everybody has Tebow's physical attributes. Without a doubt he has worked, and accomplished more with those attributes than many other athletes who never live up to their potential, but if he were 5'10", 160 and couldn't run, I really have no reason to think he'd be accomplishing great things in his life. Do you?

How do you know what Tim Tebow is actually like as a person, in day-to-day life?

In the summer of 2010, when he was asked to speak (without compensation) at an event for Florida Boy Scouts and hundreds of kids were there wanting to shake his hand, he extended his 15 minute talk and planned brief visit to a 2 hour+ autograph session where no kid was turned away. That gave me a pretty good idea. My son still talks about it.

If you hear him talk, in person, you get the impression that he would be a sucessful person and a leader if he were 5'5" or paralyzed.

Last edited:
I think it's generally accepted that Fox was tanking during his last year or two with the Panthers. Strange world indeed.

Panthers fans will tell you that Jerry Richardson was the root cause of the pathetic Panthers' drafts, roster assembly in 2009 and 2010 and the teams overall decline. They will also tell you that Richardson has evolved into a tyrant owner chasing every last nickel who stopped listening to his football people (Fox and Hunley who build through the draft) which is a main reason why his son left the organization as he didn't think the team was being run properly.

Fox was a good coach in a small market team who got screwed.

This is the funniest Thread in the history of the WORLD!! :rofl:

Panthers fans will tell you that Jerry Richardson was the root cause of the pathetic Panthers' drafts, roster assembly in 2009 and 2010 and the teams overall decline. They will also tell you that Richardson has evolved into a tyrant owner chasing every last nickel who stopped listening to his football people (Fox and Hunley who build through the draft) which is a main reason why his son left the organization as he didn't think the team was being run properly.

Fox was a good coach in a small market team who got screwed.
Thanks for that explanation.

In the summer of 2010, when he was asked to speak (without compensation) at an event for Florida Boy Scouts and hundreds of kids were there wanting to shake his hand, he extended his 15 minute talk and planned brief visit to a 2 hour+ autograph session where no kid was turned away. That gave me a pretty good idea. My son still talks about it.....

No offense, I've seen and heard of a lot of athletes doing similar things. It doesn't mean they're the saints PaulNewman is making Tebow out to be.

Again, he may well be a good guy -- but newman's praise for a complete stranger was a bit over the top.

...If you hear him talk, in person, you get the impression that he would be a sucessful person and a leader if he were 5'5" or paralyzed.

All depends on how successful we're talking about. Again, I'm not saying that he'd be a failure -- I'm going back to newman's post, which I thought was simply over the top.

Drive and work ethic may or may not extend past the football field for him. but giving him the benefit of the doubt, that still takes a person only so far, depending on their other strengths and weaknesses and the path they pursue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST