PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Huddle....Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple so simple. You take out the Ratbirds best player aka Ray Lewis out of his element:eat2:. How you do this you ask? from the getco you go 4 wide Hernandez in the backfield and you Make Ray run run run run chase and get tired by covering guys. :beatingcoming:

I don't think Ray has been our best player for a few years now, but yeah. We have traditionally had problems with teams spreading us out and getting the ball out quickly. If Ngata and Cody are in the game I really don't see much reason to try running the ball other than to keep us honest.

So here's a scientific question. Just as a matter of human physiology, do players in their mid-30's or thereabouts actually tire quicker than younger players? I have read that different athletic abilities, peak speed, aerobic capacity, strength/power, reflexes tend to peak/decline at different ages. I mean look at the number of relatively old offensive lineman who manage to stay playing at a high level.

It depends on how much the player takes care of himself, as far as off-season, in-season training and their eating and lifestyle habits.

But there's only so much you can do, and in Ray's case, I think the issue is not his mental aptitude or ability to recognize, but his ability to explode, to shift laterally, or turn on a dime. I think his power is still there, but those fine motor skills are the first thing to go, and that's what I think he's dealing with now. I'm betting he's as fit as the next player on the field and takes pride in that, but his fine motor skills are just not at the elite level they need to be, in order to compete effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST