PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Edelman Tonight, Season Likely Over

He's finished as a Patriot.

His dead cap hit is a lot more team-friendly in 2021 than this year.

Last edited:
He's cooked. His last hooray was Super Bowl 53. He's just not reliable anymore... too many drops, including a very costly one in the Wild Card game against Tennessee. He's taken enough punishment by now too and you would think he may consider retirement. He probably could land in Tampa Bay if Brady wants him for one last season. Imagine Brady, Gronk and Edelman returning to Gillette next season as Buccaneers. That would be fun.

Damn. Brady ends his career in ne with a pick 6 and Edelman probably ends his on the shelf. At least we have those 6 rings to lessen the blow :)

He got away with a push off on that one and it made me wicked happy.

Before the season I wasn't confident that he'd be back at all. I'm less confident now.

Thanks for the memories Jules.

Comparing Edelman to Jerry Rice, in any context, is insanity.

If Edelman's career is in fact over, he's definitely not getting into the HOF... the real HOF... not the fake one that will include Matthew Slater one day.

Tampa will have almost all the NE offense next year with Brady, Gronk, Edelman, white and Andrews o_O

He's one of my favorites, but I think he jumped the shark when he was arrested after jumping over a Mercedes hood in Beverly Hills last offseason.

One of the greatest Patriots in history of the team, one of the toughest and “clutch-est” WR in the history of football!!!’ He should definitely be HOF!!!!! With that having been said , I think his time here is over

Comparing Edelman to Jerry Rice, in any context, is insanity.

If Edelman's career is in fact over, he's definitely not getting into the HOF... the real HOF... not the fake one that will include Matthew Slater one day.
No it isn't. His post-season stats rival Rice's. In that context it's absolutely appropriate to mention them in the same sentence.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back