PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal on the block?

Its funny.

Patsgofor4 is a big homer, but Harry did actually improved in 2020. His rookie 2019 season was a disaster, injured and then coming online so late in the season. Brady had no trust in Harry and how could he?

Today, the pressure is off Harry with Smith, Bourne and Agolor added to Myers and Byrd. I at least believe that Harry gets to see NE camp and if it goes well the 2021 season in a Pats uniform.

Heres where Harry improved from 2019 to 2020.

50% more availability for games from 7 to 14.
45% more starts from 5 to 9.
64% more receptions 12 to 33.
66% more yards 105 yards to 309.
54% more 1st downs 7 to 15.
32% more yards a game 15.0 to 22.1
13% improvement in catch rate 50% to 57.9%

You could argue that 2020 was Harrys rookie season and the fact that NE was one of the worst passing teams in the game did Harry no favors.

If they were to trade him, and since there are several suitors, I’d want a sliding scale return based on performance.

Clearly there are teams that think he can improve but no one is giving us a 4th for Harry

Its funny.

Patsgofor4 is a big homer, but Harry did actually improved in 2020. His rookie 2019 season was a disaster, injured and then coming online so late in the season. Brady had no trust in Harry and how could he?

Today, the pressure is off Harry with Smith, Bourne and Agolor added to Myers and Byrd. I at least believe that Harry gets to see NE camp and if it goes well the 2021 season in a Pats uniform.

Heres where Harry improved from 2019 to 2020.

50% more availability for games from 7 to 14.
45% more starts from 5 to 9.
64% more receptions 12 to 33.
66% more yards 105 yards to 309.
54% more 1st downs 7 to 15.
32% more yards a game 15.0 to 22.1
13% improvement in catch rate 50% to 57.9%

You could argue that 2020 was Harrys rookie season and the fact that NE was one of the worst passing teams in the game did Harry no favors.
The fundamental problem is that a player needs to perform here under pressure to survive.

I agree. Harry did improve in 2020. Ideally he should have one more year to perform to his draft status but with all the additions on offense and him seemingly behind Agholor, Meyers and Bourne the writing seems to be on the wall for the kid.

It could be as simple as the kid just isn't comfortable here and it's impacting his performance. Not sure.

Why bother trading him for a 6th/7th rounder? If you are going to get something good then of course. If not bring him into camp and see what he does.
Yup
Let him compete for the #4 WR spot, or even be injury insurance for that spot. If we have 4 spots plus a 5th who is a punt returner, we are only all set now if Edelman plays. I suspect that we will acquire another couple of WR's later for camp competition. Harry is up to that.

AS OF NOW
Agholor, Edelman, Bourne, Myers, Lee, Moncrief, Olz

Let the competition begin!

That being said, they might be finished with Harry, and just want to move on.

The fundamental problem is that a player needs to perform here under pressure to survive.

I agree. Harry did improve in 2020. Ideally he should have one more year to perform to his draft status but with all the additions on offense and him seemingly behind Agholor, Meyers and Bourne the writing seems to be on the wall for the kid.

It could be as simple as the kid just isn't comfortable here and it's impacting his performance. Not sure.
It could be as simple as he missed 1/2 his rookie year, and then he had a qb having a historically bad season throwing to him. I have been in the let's wait and see what he does with a full preseason and an at least ok qb throwing to him for a long while. That being said, if you get a good offer for him take it, but I would say that about any player on their roster.

It could be as simple as he missed 1/2 his rookie year, and then he had a qb having a historically bad season throwing to him. I have been in the let's wait and see what he does with a full preseason and an at least ok qb throwing to him for a long while. That being said, if you get a good offer for him take it, but I would say that about any player on their roster.
Thats been my position as well.

I still don't see any reason he couldn't develop into an Anquan Boldin. I think he's gonna have a good career. Put it this way, if they don't get an offer of a 4th for him, don't trade him.

Chatham/Wozzy is going down with the ship. Mocked people on Twitter for saying the Patriots needed “weaponz,” then the Patriots went out and got “weaponz” on offense.

Matt Chatham: Tool...Massive, pusillanimous, farther-up-Billy's-ass-than-a-colonoscopy (and I should know) Tool.

Harry should be scoffing at these WR signings and have the attitude he's the #1 guy day 1 of training camp, but that's not his personality. And because of that, he'll probably get traded around the draft.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back