PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice peek at Jimmy's off-season mindset

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Nice insight into Jimmy's mindset from his offseason coach Jeff Christensen.

Full article from Ryan Hannable:
What is Jimmy Garoppolo working on this offseason? Allow his personal QB coach to explain

quotes:

“No one particular thing,” Christensen said when asked what he and Garoppolo have worked on this offseason. “It’s everything and he really has no flaws left.

“Obviously he is being treated like he belongs and a lot of that goes back to Tom [Brady],” Christensen said. “They trust him and have a lot of confidence in him. That is probably the greatest compliment anyone could ever give you is when a Hall of Fame coach and a Hall of Fame quarterback respect you and trust you and care about you. That is probably the greatest compliment he has ever received in his life. It shows in his comfort level as a person, and also the way he plays.”

“You are constantly around Hall of Fame people at every turn,” Christensen said. “As long as you understand you’re in a very privileged position, you’re always getting better. I think that is where the part about him and how he’s grown up very nicely. He really understands that now. He appreciates it and he respects it.”

__​

Last edited:
Really like this kid a lot. I know Brady wants to play a while longer but it would be awesome to keep Jimmy as the heir... Honestly, if Brady gets 6, Giselle may MAKE him retire :p

How does someone not give up the farm for him?

How does someone not give up the farm for him?
One of the things that always stood out to me when I watch JG play in the pre-season and those 2 regular season games, was how well the team reponded to his leadership.

That is SUCH a key element for every effective QB to have and JG seemed to have it in spades with a superbowl ready team. So you are right. I find it incrdulous that teams are going to use 3 or 4 first round picks to add QB prospects who won't or shouldn't see the field this year, when they could have created a reasonable package to get one who is ready to play now and play well.

When I see suggestions the Browns will trade UP with the Jets to draft Trubisky it makes my skin crawl. Being that stupid is just unfair to that town. Maybe BB's new draft plan is just forget about his own picks and just wait until he can grab all the ones that Cleveland won't be able to afford to keep. :rolleyes: Let some other team deal with the pain of dealing with rookies and growing pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes