PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest NFL Weekly Picks - Week 2 (Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Week 2 Schedule is Loaded and Ready to go:

PatsFans.com Weekly NFL Picks Contest

Current Standings Through one Week:
PatsFans.com Weekly NFL Picks Contest Standings

I'm going to add these two links to the slide-out menu if anyone needs them in the event you're on another page. I'll do that after dinner.

Good luck - it's a clean slate for the weekly contests so if you didn't do well last week or if you missed it, feel free to jump in :cool:

Last edited:
Quick bump. For those who missed last week, again, it's a new week so be sure to jump in :)

Also, keep in mind you can update your pick all the way up until just before kickoff in case of any injuries, changes, etc.

Morning Bump

Morning Bump

Mmmmm, that has a different meaning on this side of the ocean, but the message is well received nonetheless ;);)

Is there a way to add a ranking number to the standings page? I'd like to be able to quantify exactly how mediocre I am over the course of the season :)

I know I missed the first game of the season, but somehow I screwed up because I ended up 9-1 and didn't make picks for 6 of the games?

Reactions: Ian
I know I missed the first game of the season, but somehow I screwed up because I ended up 9-1 and didn't make picks for 6 of the games?
There were a couple of people who did that...not sure what happened. I'm going to code out something that will make a reminder pop up on here if you're missing any games. I noticed someone else was short one last night and messaged that person, but everyone else who had picked to that point had all 16. Hopefully adding the reminder will help in the event people don't spot if they've missed any.

Is there a way to add a ranking number to the standings page? I'd like to be able to quantify exactly how mediocre I am over the course of the season :)
Yes, and it will hopefully also be appearing under your name here on the left in the not-too-distant-future. :cool:

Ian...As far as someone missing a week...Is it possible to give those people the average of W-L picks for that week's picks? Just a thought so they are not so heavily penalized for missing a week...Limit it to missing 3 weeks and your not in the season's running.....but you can still pick weekly. :)

Ian...As far as someone missing a week...Is it possible to give those people the average of W-L picks for that week's picks? Just a thought so they are not so heavily penalized for missing a week...Limit it to missing 3 weeks and your not in the season's running.....but you can still pick weekly. :)

I agree. I was thinking of maybe even doing something where people could remove one week, whether it's someone's worst week or an incomplete week...that sort of thing to help with this. But this is definitely a good suggestion :cool:

Another quick bump - we've already had a terrific number of people jumping in this week, so keep it coming :D

Week 2 Schedule is Loaded and Ready to go:

PatsFans.com Weekly NFL Picks Contest

Current Standings Through one Week:
PatsFans.com Weekly NFL Picks Contest Standings

I'm going to add these two links to the slide-out menu if anyone needs them in the event you're on another page. I'll do that after dinner.

Good luck - it's a clean slate for the weekly contests so if you didn't do well last week or if you missed it, feel free to jump in :cool:
Ian, shouldn't everyone have a tie on their record for the Detroit-Arizona game?

Ian, shouldn't everyone have a tie on their record for the Detroit-Arizona game?
Since the outcome left everyone's pick for that game as incorrect since neither team everyone picked won, it went down as a loss. We sort of went back and forth in the other thread about it and that was the way it was counted for all of us - even though I know there's no "tie" option. But then again, nailing a prediction like that would be like hitting a number on Roulette...ties are so rare that someone would sort of have to win the week guessing that correctly ;)

I looked at some others but couldn't really see how it's handled elsewhere, so that was how it was counted here. If someone has seen how it's done elsewhere that might work better, I'm obviously open to suggestions.

How about prizes ?

Best score at the end of the year gets a Patriot season ticket:)

Worst score at the end of the year gets a Jets season ticket:eek:

How about prizes ?

Best score at the end of the year gets a Patriot season ticket:)

Worst score at the end of the year gets a Jets season ticket:eek:

There will definitely be prizes. Going to look at some options tonight (provided I'm not stuck here too late) and plan on at least trying to figure out some good options for a weekly prize. I'll come up with something good for the season-winner...nothing quite that elaborate, but still something really good that will make it worthwhile :cool:

Regardless of this thanks for taking the time to organise this, you are appreciated

How about being a PatsFan supporter to help the cause :)

Bump, if you haven't picked tonight's game, please be sure and do so as I know a bunch of people missed it last week and it would be great for everyone to have complete picks this week :cool:

Quick bump. For those who missed last week, again, it's a new week so be sure to jump in :)

Also, keep in mind you can update your pick all the way up until just before kickoff in case of any injuries, changes, etc.
Ian, if we just pick for tonight, we still have ability to pick rest of games by Sunday correct? Or do we have to pick all games before tonight and then have ability to change them? I guess my question is there a drop dead time to pick all games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back