PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 2 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vikings defense is legit, they were all over Rodgers the whole game.

14 straight games from Rodgers without a >100 passer rating (including playoffs). He's doing some serious damage to the claim that he's the best QB in the league. Give me Brady over him any day.

14 straight games from Rodgers without a >100 passer rating (including playoffs). He's doing some serious damage to the claim that he's the best QB in the league. Give me Brady over him any day.

Could he be losing it? His legs are/were a massive part of his game. It can come quick.

Could he be losing it? His legs are/were a massive part of his game. It can come quick.

It could be, FWIW I think it's more a product of his receivers. People have spent the past few years selling this narrative that Rodgers can make any receivers look awesome, but it's not really true. Last year he didn't have Nelson, and when he actually had to do what everyone was claiming he had been doing for years, he couldn't do it. Tonight was kinda similar: the Vikings have a great defense that played really tight coverage, almost to a detriment given that all of GB's biggest plays were PIs.

I think this is just a hiccup for Rodgers, and that as Nelson eases back into the game and they aren't stuck playing elite defenses like Minnesota, his efficiency stats will rebound. But I'm still kinda glad this all happened, because it should force people to recognize that Nelson and Cobb make Rodgers as much as he makes them. He's one of the best QBs in the league, and could well end up being one of the best ever, but this whole idea that he's on a level above everyone else is not consistent with what's actually happening on the field. I think he's still physically 100%--he still makes phenomenal throws on the run, evades quite a bit of pressure, and can make you pay with his legs--I think it's just a factor of him being given credit for his receivers' talent for way too long.

Why do people keep acting like the Seahawks are good? They have put up 15 points in two games

Listening to the Minnesota home radio feed, the announcers are entertainingly shameless homers. On the 4th down run, they started shouting "Be short! Be short! Refs, how about you don't bother bringing out the chains, just point your hand to the left!"

Yeah that's Paul Allen of KFAN...very homerish announcer. Look at how pissed off he gets when Favre throws one of his many INTS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents