PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Training Camps INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats one name

Carlos Henderson is a guy to keep an eye. Tons of talent but I absolutely misjudged his character. Def missed on him. 2nd round pick. Caused more missed tackles than anyone his last season in college & 2nd wasn't even close. Guy is phenomenal in that area. Reminds you Steve Smith/Chris Chambers type going up & getting the ball. Really talented. Who knows maybe a cut is what he needs.

The real reason I quoted you though ...
Pat's have tons of draft ammo ... Khalil Mack. You picking up what I'm putting down bro? :D;)

Carlos Henderson is a guy to keep an eye. Tons of talent but I absolutely misjudged his character. Def missed on him. 2nd round pick. Caused more missed tackles than anyone his last season in college & 2nd wasn't even close. Guy is phenomenal in that area. Reminds you Steve Smith/Chris Chambers type going up & getting the ball. Really talented. Who knows maybe a cut is what he needs.

The real reason I quoted you though ...
Pat's have tons of draft ammo ... Khalil Mack. You picking up what I'm putting down bro? :D;)
As much as I would love it not happening.
I'm hoping for demaryious Thomas or Dez Bryant expecting Randall Cobb or Terrelle Pryor.

They don't have a receiver I believe we would want or need

If you are trying to build a trade solely with teams that have WR that we want or need you will have to give something better up than Gillislee or Allen.

Interesting. A 2016 2nd-rounder (#42 overall) who's played in 15 games (195 D-snaps) with a total of 11 tackles, 2 PDs and 1 FF in his two seasons. And the Ratbirds apparently have been trying to shed him for awhile.

I thought only BB eff'd up 2nd round picks like that.
Bill's not the only one; just the most consistent one.

Last edited:
Both Thomas and Lynch are prev 1st round picks.
Your stealing Thomas for that and getting to take a look at Lynch to see if he has a future in our offense.

"Previous 1st-round pick" isn't even enough of a pedigree to get you a discount at the Dollar Store.

You're basically trading possibly the best blocking TE in the league - PLUS a 3rd-rounder - for a soon-to-be 31-year-old WR whose salary will suck up 80% of the Pats available 2018 cap space (and become fully-guaranteed if he's one the roster week-1) with absolutely no guarantee that he'll perform at all, much less at a level worthy of him being the 5th highest-paid player on the team.

If Elway really wants to shed Thomas' cap hit, he'll be cut sometime in the next four days.

Don't forget Richards.
Here's the reason I include Gill and Allen we have alot more depth at rubbing back than the majority of teams.
So Gill is a upgrade over most teams third and possibly second back option.
He has some trade value.
As far as Allen Tight ends are a premium in this league the Chargers make sense in that regard sure but Allen could play on both Denver and Detroit.

Here's the reason I include Gill and Allen we have alot more depth at rubbing back than the majority of teams.
So Gill is a upgrade over most teams third and possibly second back option.
He has some trade value.
As far as Allen Tight ends are a premium in this league the Chargers make sense in that regard sure but Allen could play on both Denver and Detroit.

Yes, we have depth at RB. Because of it, Gillislee could likely be a cut even if he was having a great camp. So that certainly lowers his trade value. How often do you see a team try to trade a player, no one bites, they cut him, and the player is signed within a day or two?

And if TEs are at a premium, why are you always wanting to dump Allen? Jacob Hollister as our TE1 if Gronk misses a game?

Spotrac on Twitter

“Of note: A reported $57.5M signing bonus for Rodgers (the largest ever) means the
#Packers
will carry at least $23M of dead cap in 2022, when Aaron is 38-years-old - $11.5M in 2023.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back