PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Suspends Antonio Brown for 8 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have with the AB situation is that none of his deeds were a problem when he was with the Steelers, when much of the crap happened. It wasn't until he got to NE that the storm started.

The problem I have with the AB situation is that none of his deeds were a problem when he was with the Steelers, when much of the crap happened. It wasn't until he got to NE that the storm started.

Yep. My ex was Steeler fan (I know...) and she used to say that she was amazed at how he slipped under the radar. The guy was bad news for a long time, the Steelers swept it under the rug, and the league was all too happy to assist. He winds up on the Pats, making us look like SB locks and then the world blows up over it.

But we ought to know there isn't going to ever be consistency about the Pats until the Poison Ginger is gone from the Commissioner's office.

AB is being severely punished and its not equal justice. All last season AB was suspended and left for dead not knowing if he would ever play another NFL game.

If he was a crackhead like Josh Gordon his sentence would be over today and AB would be moving on to a 2nd chance. Gordon has had multiple 2nd chances.

Because the Pats were set up.

Even by the NFL's "Make it up as you go" disciplinary standards, the length of Brown's suspension doesn't make much sense. From what I've read, the 8 games are for incidents that took place after he was cut by the Patriots: Sending threatening/intimidating texts to an artist who had done some work for him and assaulting a moving truck driver. This means that, with the exception of the sexual assault civil lawsuit (which is a big exception), all the bad stuff Brown did as a member of the Steelers wasn't a factor in this suspension. As we all remember, there was a significant outcry at the time when all of Brown's misdeeds were publicized. Now, we've learned that none of those incidents factored into the current suspension and the only one that might lead to additional discipline is the sexual assault allegation. Basically, the only time Brown's poor behavior when he was with Pittsburgh mattered was when he was a member of the Patriots. Now, it's irrelevant again.

In terms of the discipline, I won't argue that Brown should be suspended. It's hard to say, though, if 8 games is the right amount based on the league's inconsistency in these matters. Tyreek Hill received no punishment for his son's broken arm. Robby Anderson received no league punishment for his reckless driving charges, which was the right decision. During that incident, though, Anderson said he would have intercourse with the cop's wife and ejaculate on her face. Is that as bad as an threatening text? Not to the NFL, apparently. Sheldon Richardson was suspended for 1 game for racing at 140 mph with a minor and a gun in his car. Was Antonio Brown suspended for 8 games because he's a bad guy? Or because he's no longer on the Steelers? Did Anderson and Richardson receive light or no punishment because they were members of the Jets, because neither of them were high profile players, or because their incidents didn't merit it? You can throw Chung in there, also, with cocaine being found at his summer house. Should he receive a suspension for that? Will he? The answer, and the problem with the league's disciplinary process, is that no one knows.

AB claims that he will not file an appeal.

I would ask for a meeting with Godell and try to get 2 games reinstated.

Last edited:
...with all that said, do you believe there's any possibility the accusations levied against him by Britney Taylor are false?
Probably. However, the NFL purposely dragged their feet on coming back from their hot tub time machine to prove whether he raped her. Rumors were circulating that she was broke and asked him to invest into a gym in which he backed out of. So why not cry rape? There were also pictures of them that would look like they were in some sort of a relationship.

The investigation should've been wrapped up in a week, but the NFL chose to just blackball him until now.

Probably. However, the NFL purposely dragged their feet on coming back from their hot tub time machine to prove whether he raped her. Rumors were circulating that she was broke and asked him to invest into a gym in which he backed out of. So why not cry rape? There were also pictures of them that would look like they were in some sort of a relationship.

The investigation should've been wrapped up in a week, but the NFL chose to just blackball him until now.

I always make a serviceable attempt to give everyone the benefit of the doubt --- and have real concerns about the veracity of claims made by Ms. Taylor...

...with all that said, Brown has done a world class job of blackballing himself without the help of anyone else.

I don't believe he will ever play a full season in the NFL again.

Brown is a complete wingnut and were I in control of a team he'd never be considered for a roster spot...

...with all that said, do you believe there's any possibility the accusations levied against him by Britney Taylor are false?
Not impossible, but I also wouldn't put it past a guy like Brown to have done what is alleged. Dude is not stable.

AB is being severely punished and its not equal justice. All last season AB was suspended and left for dead not knowing if he would ever play another NFL game.

If he was a crackhead like Josh Gordon his sentence would be over today and AB would be moving on to a 2nd chance. Gordon has had multiple 2nd chances.

He threatened an NFL General Manager after signing a monster contract and has a litany of lawsuits going on for various degrees of assault

He has had chances to recover from this, but he kept making mistakes and compounding the damage. He's totally out of control and needs professional help more than a football contract

It never stops with this guy.

It never stops with this guy.

Well, in all fairness, this is just a continuation of an old matter where he did a couple hundred thousand dollars of damage to some guy's condo or something like that. I remember reading reports from the initial deposition stating his behavior was.... well.... belligerent to say the least... this is just the inevitable outcome of that.

If Early-Bird/Bend-Over Bobby actually had a pair and had forced the league's hand, AB's 8-game suspension would've been served in time to return for the season-killing losses to KC, Miami & the Titties, all 3 of which the Pats should've won anyway, and would've won convincingly had he been in uniform for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes