PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest NFL Picks - Playoff Edition - Wild Card Round

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
With fewer games, as we did last year, this requires a score prediction for each contest for potential tie breakers. Wins/losses are still counted as normal, which could very well see someone win the week outright and if not, the scores are obviously to break the tie.

The page is up here:

The alert should also be showing, and it will disappear after all the games are selected and just like the regular season, you can change your scores and predictions all the way up until kickoff. :cool:

With fewer games, as we did last year, this requires a score prediction for each contest for potential tie breakers. Wins/losses are still counted as normal, which could very well see someone win the week outright and if not, the scores are obviously to break the tie.

The page is up here:

The alert should also be showing, and it will disappear after all the games are selected and just like the regular season, you can change your scores and predictions all the way up until kickoff. :cool:
Remind me how the tie-breakers work again in the playoffs?

Remind me how the tie-breakers work again in the playoffs?
If everyone finishes with the same record, it's the total differential. It's usually a bigger factor during the divisional rounds, conference championship, etc. when there are fewer games.

If everyone finishes with the same record, it's the total differential. It's usually a bigger factor during the divisional rounds, conference championship, etc. when there are fewer games.
If 10 people end up with a 5-1 record but with different games for the loss, is it the differential for their winning games or all 6 games?

Reactions: Ian
If 10 people end up with a 5-1 record but with different games for the loss, is it the differential for their winning games or all 6 games?
As it stands, all six for right now. I may tweak that down the line, but that was the easiest way to do it when I switched from straight picks to trying to at least have some way to narrow it down so there could be someone who finished on top.

FYI - @venecol asked and after further review, this is set up where the differentials are only counted on games where people guessed the game correctly. So you have to correctly pick the game to have your score prediction count toward the overall total. Hopefully, that makes sense, but just wanted to clarify for anyone else who was wondering how that worked. :D

Quick note - just fixed the magnifying glass so that you can see the record and score prediction on the playoff page next to each name.

Congrats winner.

Another tough week to pick playoff games by points.

Amazing so many went 6-0/5-1

Awaiting the new week so I can get my losing picks in.

Reactions: Ian
FYI - @venecol asked and after further review, this is set up where the differentials are only counted on games where people guessed the game correctly. So you have to correctly pick the game to have your score prediction count toward the overall total. Hopefully, that makes sense, but just wanted to clarify for anyone else who was wondering how that worked. :D
Thanks Ian. Have the season standings been updated?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back