PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL HOFers Pick Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAllan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...ll-of-Fame-QBs-talking-about-Manning-vs-Brady

This is kind of... irritating. The headline made me think they were going to ask like, more than two people. Prior to this I also thought Marino was more a Brady guy than Manning, but since Manning is kinda his heir apparent in many ways, I guess that doesn't make sense. And then to ask Broadway Joe... ugh. Duh.

I hate they even ran this, but I hope Brady sticks a fork in Manning this week.

Not surprising. Happens all the time since forever. Anytime someone says "Oh, its so hard to choose...blah blah" , it mostly means they want to pick manning but are stopping short because of the # of superbowls and begrudgingly acknowledging it. And its also the Belichick factor. Both BB and Brady cancel out each other's votes. Plus Manning and his family are very media savvy and know how to manage and control access so everyone loves them.

Saw it this morning. Very weak segment. Love the part where Marino says Manning was great right from the start. Right -- 81 picks in four years, averaging 21 plus. Brady's never had more than 14. Seems to me it took Manning a little more time to understand NFL defenses than it did Brady.

Asking 2 QBs that were in the AFCE, hmmm I guess that's fair as Peyton was in the AFCE too so there's certainly no potential bias there :rolleyes:

Manning is excellent. I prefer Brady, but we're not comparing Montana and Dilfer here. Both Brady and Manning have had excellent seasons and much success.

I hope every0ne in the world picks against Brady and he finds out. Nobody takes it more personal and uses it as motivation more than TB.

I like Staubach's answer to the question. Your on your 20, 2 min to go, in the Superbowl, who you got? Staubach says "I'd take me, then says he'd take Brady." That should be the question and he also gave the right answer.

I don't mind when people pick against Brady because, at the end of the day, when they are wrong, it's that much sweeter.

bunch of trolls......the lot of them

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...ll-of-Fame-QBs-talking-about-Manning-vs-Brady

This is kind of... irritating. The headline made me think they were going to ask like, more than two people. Prior to this I also thought Marino was more a Brady guy than Manning, but since Manning is kinda his heir apparent in many ways, I guess that doesn't make sense. And then to ask Broadway Joe... ugh. Duh.

I hate they even ran this, but I hope Brady sticks a fork in Manning this week.

Marino is stat collector like Manning. If he argued that Brady was better, he probably feels he is devaluing his career because he was like Manning in that he was a great regular season QB who doesn't have a lot to show for in the post season.

But who really cares? I think Brady is better, but I can see valid arguments why Manning is better.

I haven't yet seen a compelling argument as to why Manning is better. Remove factors like dome vs. outside play, and you find that Brady is actually superior to Manning pound for pound, even in the regular season.

The postseason? Is there even a debate on that front? Even if you want to say they are equal in the regular season, a point which can be debated for either side I 'spose, Brady's postseason success lays the hammer on Manning's poor playoff record.

We have gracious fans who are willing to entertain arguments that Manning is on par with Brady, but objectively, Brady is the better QB. And I'd take Brady over Manning in the playoffs, in the weather, in the SB, and when building my team.

I'm still surprised at BB's statement saying that PM is best that he ever coached against.

I put Joe Cool ahead of Manning...

give me the guy with 3 td's and 4 picks in the SB!!:rolleyes:

5 td's if you include the two pick sixes..o_O

I'm still surprised at BB's statement saying that PM is best that he ever coached against.

I put Joe Cool ahead of Manning...
Um, do you want him to just hand Denver Bulletin board material? :)

I hope every0ne in the world picks against Brady and he finds out. Nobody takes it more personal and uses it as motivation more than TB.
Now you've gone and got Rodney Harrison all angry. He was the best at playing the disrespect card :D.

These are always dumb because it's basically entirely up to the film editor what happens.

If they asked Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw, both would of said Brady.

I thought this format was dumb when they did the 2 or 3 coaches last year, too. Wasn't it like Dungy and Parcells? rofl WTF kind of crap is that anyway?

Screw media.

Um, do you want him to just hand Denver Bulletin board material? :)

What I found weird is that 1) He said it when he didn't have to. and 2) He stated that PM was better tan JM when he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes