PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL executive: 'Lamar-for-Tua trade makes sense'

Nonsense… who were his “better” WR’s in his MVP season in 2019?
Willie Snead, Hollywood Brown, Miles Boykin lol. Yea quite the trio. Brown had like 500 yards that year. He's a low-end 2 at best and disappeared in Zona too.
The guy is not accurate, he was not accurate in college, he never improved… and different WR’s aren’t going to help that.

In 2019 teams had no clue who he was, Roman and Harbaugh built a great "power option" scheme around him. Since then he has only gotten worse as teams realized keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to pass is the way to beat him.

He throws 150 times a year to Andrews because he needs 6’5” targets, because he’s inaccurate. I would love to have Marquise Brown, Rashod Bateman or Devin Duvernay on the Pats, those guys are burners... serious athletes. If they pay him they’re fools.
It's more than clear by the way you post that you have major bias. It's the same we Bill is brought up.

It's fine and obviously your opinion but no one takes it seriously. Like there's no serious football person that thinks like you when it comes to Jackson. Sometime it's cool to be different. Other times you just embarrass yourself on a hill.

Willie Snead, Hollywood Brown, Miles Boykin lol. Yea quite the trio. Brown had like 500 yards that year. He's a low-end 2 at best and disappeared in Zona too.
First off, were you going to mention that Marquise Brown missed 7 starts with injury? Pretty relevant no?

Brown also caught 91 catches for 1008 yards and 6 TD's in his final year in Baltimore and the first opportunity he had to escape out the back door he took it.

The Ravens haven't paid Lamar... what are they waiting for?
It's more than clear by the way you post that you have major bias. It's the same we Bill is brought up.
Yeah, it was a bias that I posted clearly before the 2018 draft happened... so maybe you could explain what my motivation was?
It's fine and obviously your opinion but no one takes it seriously. Like there's no serious football person that thinks like you when it comes to Jackson. Sometime it's cool to be different. Other times you just embarrass yourself on a hill.
31 teams passed on him in the draft, so clearly the pro football people didn't feel as strongly about him as you did. My feelings prior to the draft:

"I think he could "appear" really good, he could look like young Michael Vick... and just like Vick he will be fool's gold.
He will win some regular season games but unless he has the perfect situation around him won't sniff the Super Bowl.
Vick has a career 56% completion rate, his career win/loss record is 61-51, he averaged over 2.5 INT's per game... people think he was good because he was good on Tecmo Bowl or Nintendo, in the real world he appeared in 5 playoff games over 13 seasons.
You have to be able to pass accurately to beat NFL caliber playoff defenses... passing is important."
- Wozzy, Apr 23, 2018

Lamar Jackson has 1 playoff victory in his entire career, and on one of the best pro clubs in the league... on a program that won a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco. If I am tough on Jackson at all, it's pushback against the BS narrative that the Patriots screwed up by not drafting him.

My pre-draft analysis about Lamar was spot on, it couldn't be more accurate. He's a modern day Mike Vick... with slightly less baggage. So maybe football people like yourself should listen a little more.

Jpy2e6h.jpg

31 teams passed on him in the draft, so clearly the pro football people didn't feel as strongly about him as you did. My feelings prior to the draft:
How many of those teams regret that? I'm sure many. Even Baltimore royally F'd up that draft selecting Hayden Hurst over Jackson! If you did a redraft Jackson is a top 2-3 pick.
"I think he could "appear" really good, he could look like young Michael Vick... and just like Vick he will be fool's gold.
He will win some regular season games but unless he has the perfect situation around him won't sniff the Super Bowl.
Vick has a career 56% completion rate, his career win/loss record is 61-51, he averaged over 2.5 INT's per game...
Jackson has completed 64% of his passes and is one of the most efficient TD/INT passers in the league. Win/Loss isnt a QB stat but he's gone 45-16.
My pre-draft analysis about Lamar was spot on, it couldn't be more accurate. He's a modern day Mike Vick... with slightly less baggage. So maybe football people like yourself should listen a little more.

Jpy2e6h.jpg
That was pretty bad. I definitely wouldn't listen to your draft takes.

Again no serious football mind thinks like that concerning Jackson or Jackson and Vick. Like you continue to post his targets were good in the face of overwhelming evidence that suggest different. Including just watching them. Trying to tout an inconsistent Hollywood Brown who needs 150 targets to barely scratch 1K isn't it.

You form an agenda and cling to it. The above clearly paints that. Comparing Vick to Jackson is pretty lazy.

I guess we can agree to disagree, which is fine.

yeah, this makes sense...why the f would Baltimore trade for a guy who's two concussions away from a league mandated ban for at least a season

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back