PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Draft: Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Reiss‏Verified account @MikeReiss
The Patriots select Arkansas C/G Hjalte Froholdt with their initial fourth-round selection (No. 118). He is 6-foot-4 5/8 and 306 pounds. Played under current Patriots assistant Bret Bielema, so probably some excellent intel for New England staff. Team captain in 2018.

Interesting pick.

Player Bio
Hjalte Froholdt (pronounced yell-duh fro-holt) came to the United States from Denmark as a foreign exchange student his sophomore year in high school. He returned to Denmark for one year before coming back to America to attend the IMG Academy in Florida (to play for former Heisman Trophy winner Christ Weinke) his senior year. Despite limited experience, his promise was not lost on colleges or recruiting services, as he was ranked among the top 20 defensive linemen in the country. Froholdt played in 10 games on defense for Arkansas in 2015 (three tackles) before moving to the other side of the line the following spring. He started all 13 games at left guard in 2016, and then all 12 games at that spot as a junior, not allowing a sack and incurring only two penalties. Froholdt started his senior season at center, starting the first three games there before switching back to left guard for the final nine contests.

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Hjalte Froholdt | NFL.com

I feel much better with our OL depth now.

don't understand why so many keep thinking the Pats should draft a QB when Brady has at least 2 years left, probably 3. Next year is the year.

At one point I was keeping track of the number of Bielema guys vs the number of Schiano guys. That’s another point for Team Bielema, but I guess he wins by default now anyway.

Jennings gone

Hey! I named my twins Yodny and Hjalte!!!

(Just looked it up. Hjalte (YAHL-tuh) is Danish, from the Old Norse for "hilt" + "hero")
So freakishly small arms but he knows where to put his sword?

Good athlete, no leg drive, would have been an udfa. Hate wasting picks on random udfas in rhe 4th round.

Should have picked ridley, wren or moreau.

How many players have we taken that our team captains? Froholdt, Harris, anyone else?

Next up two moves will be a trade with one of the 4th rounders and then a special teams linebacker with the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back