PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL considering allowing throwback helmets, could Pat Patriot return this year?

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Still a great look, I would even consider brining him nack permamnetly especially over the current all blue flying Elvis ones!

The red shirts with the White helmets are a classic and hopefuly we will see Hunter, Jonnu et al sporting them this year!

pat patriot.png

edelman.jpg

Make this happen!!

The problem with such a cartoon logo is that the intricate detail gets lost when viewing from a distance.

And for the perpetually triggered, there's another issue.

Last edited:
I don't think they're ever going back and I while I'm fond of Pat I'm equally fond of Elvis. I wouldn't mind a change back to red as the primary as shown below. I wouldn't mind all the white changed to silver as well for a blend of old and new.

GGufzqM.jpg

Pat the Patriot, on a white/silver helmet, in the 1990s blue (not red, that's British) color scheme, though I prefer a shade of blue closer to the ultramarine variety like that used by the Air Force rather than the lighter shade of those '90s blues or, even worse, the Old Glory/Midnight/Color Rush blues of today...Red & white piping on the jerseys, red & blue piping on the legs...And smaller numbers than those '90s unis had too...Perfect.

Last edited:
Pats arguably have one of the worst uniforms in the league. After Edelman posted himself in the Bledsoe jersey, I was thinking they were going back to a similar uniform from the 90's which was their best. The massive "Flying Elvis" on their shoulder pads would look odd today, so I'd remove that. Their current uniform is dull and looked black before HDTV's.

I start to think it will happen...but let s see...this month is crucial...

We’re back to being a losing team so why not.
I was looking at Stanley Morgan's stats last week.

Was surprised to see that from the day he started with the Patriots in 1976 through the next 12 years of his career with the Patriots, the Patriots only had one losing season!!!!

I suppose the Kiam years were really just so bad that they indelibly placed images of Scott Secules and Marc Wilson in the minds of Patriots fans.

I don't think they're ever going back and I while I'm fond of Pat I'm equally fond of Elvis. I wouldn't mind a change back to red as the primary as shown below. I wouldn't mind all the white changed to silver as well for a blend of old and new.

GGufzqM.jpg
I like this look and I love the Flying Elvis. I wouldn't mind the permanent retirement of Pat Patriot. Just never liked him as a logo.

GGufzqM.jpg

This is my favorite concept uniform. The white helmet goes will everything. It combines the historic middle stripes with the modern era. My only complaint is the blue pants on the new design. It would rock if we switched them to white pants. All whites are awesome.

GGufzqM.jpg
I would love this look.

I could have sworn that the Bills used their old throwback helmet logo at least 3 times last year

Pat is easily one of the worst logos in NFL history. You can't even see what that is from normal viewing distances. It needed to go long before it did. The Flying elvis isn't perfect but it's far more distinctive, and you can actually make out what you're looking at on TV.

Ol' Pat is right down there with the Winking Buccaneer as overelaborate and rather pathetically comical logos. In fact if they'd just used Pat's head like the Bucs did it would have been far better than the whole Pat.

Some say Pat Patriot looks like he’s taking a dump from a distance.

However, the current “Flying Elvis” logo looks like it was made from clip art compared to the old logo. In fact, it lost it’s character compared to Pat Patriot.

What’s funny about the old logo is that Pat Patriot is wearing blue, yet the primary jerseys were red. You’d think the jerseys would match the mascot.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back