PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com ranks Top 10 offenses in NFL history -- 2007 Pats are not #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Scottie already posted all of my other points for me, I'll just take this one.

You should really consider that the 2007 Patriots not only set just about every statistical record for NFL offenses, but they were also 18-0 (best record in NFL history) and were one miracle catch away from winning that Super Bowl and finishing the season undefeated. In other words, what you're essentially saying is that the Pats would have to have been the best team in NFL history in order to surpass the Rams.

As far as the statistics go, we overpower the 1999 Rams easily...

2007 Patriots:

1. 589 points scored.
2. 6,580 total yards.
3. 67 touchdowns scored.
4. Passing - 4,731 yards; 50 TDs; 9 INTs.
5. Rushing - 1,849 yards; 17 TDs.

1999 Rams:

1. 526 points scored.
2. 6,412 total yards.
3. 55 touchdowns scored.
4. Passing - 4,353 yards; 42 TDs; 15 INTs.
5. Rushing - 2,059 yards; 13 TDs.

Did they actually screw up the stats in order to make martz and faulk happy??? That's pretty amazing.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the dome factor. Remember all the bad weather home games down the stretch in december....definitely slowed them down. imagine what they could've done in a dome that year!!! In November they were on pace to set some cartoonish records.

Actually, even though the Patriots scored the most regular season points in the regular season, the best average points scored per game was achieved by the 1950's LA Rams who scored 466 points in 12 games for an average of 38.8.

If it's going to be a stats-only criteria, it should be points per game since the number of games has changed over the decades.

I don't think all time defenses or offenses should be on lists unless they win a ring. Same goes for all time best players.

Because only one side plays the game, right? Its the offenses fault when the defense can't stop anyone?

I'm amazed how ignorant you are, each and every time I see you post.

Originally Posted by maverick4 View Post
I don't think all time defenses or offenses should be on lists unless they win a ring. Same goes for all time best players.
Because only one side plays the game, right? Its the offenses fault when the defense can't stop anyone?

I'm amazed how ignorant you are, each and every time I see you post.

It's pretty much known that Maverick4 is a McDaniels hater....he sure won't concede that the 2007 offense, with McDaniels as the coordinator, is the all-time best.

It's pretty much known that Maverick4 is a McDaniels hater....he sure won't concede that the 2007 offense, with McDaniels as the coordinator, is the all-time best.

I forgot all about that. This really explains a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes