PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.COM: Deflategate comes full circle as Pats near another title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Lee

What, me worry?
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting yet confusing article: Deflategate comes full circle as Pats near another title

But the (Defamegate) thread that began with an email from the Indianapolis Colts general manager in the days before that game, alerting the league to the suspicion of football tampering, is wrapped still around the Patriots and this weekend; it felt like it was tied in a neat bow.

Little more than 24 hours after Ryan Grigson, author of that fateful email, was fired by the Colts, the Patriots won another AFC Championship, beating the Pittsburgh Steelers, 36-17. They are headed to their seventh Super Bowl in the Belichick-Brady era, a remarkable accomplishment under any circumstances, but particularly staggering considering Tom Brady was suspended for the first four games of the season for what the league believes was his role in those footballs being underinflated in that other AFC Championship Game.

One gets a headache trying to figure out what narrative is being spun.

i have a headache because all non-patriots fans keep bringing up deflate gate and try to diminish the Pats' accomplishments

i have a headache because all non-patriots fans keep bringing up deflate gate and try to diminish the Pats' accomplishments
The hate is actually starting to become delicious now, like it has fully turned a corner and we are going all "Rogue One Vader Ending" on everyone and everything.

That said. I think this Super Bowl could be epic battle.

The hate is actually starting to become delicious now, like it has fully turned a corner and we are going all "Rogue One Vader Ending" on everyone and everything.

That said. I think this Super Bowl could be epic battle.
If the Pats win this Super Bowl for another "two out of three" title grouping... it is really amazing to think of the first three out of four, then this two out of three so many years later.. and it is Belichick and Brady, doing it again, with an ENTIRELY new era and cast of characters... Simply amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes