PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL announces HUGE changes to the Draft Bowl Games

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Starting this year, JUNIORS who have declared for the draft will be eligible to play in any of the 3 Draft Bowl Games the NFL announced in a letter to all 32 teams.

Starting this year, JUNIORS who have declared for the draft will be eligible to play in any of the 3 Draft Bowl Games the NFL announced in a letter to all 32 teams.

Fair, TBH.

On second thought, the one downside I see here is that unless they're going to expand the rosters, adding juniors means fewer seniors get invited. So I think there should be limits on the number of juniors that can get invited to each bowl (and I agree with DB that the Senior Bowl at least should remain seniors-only).

On second thought, the one downside I see here is that unless they're going to expand the rosters, adding juniors means fewer seniors get invited. So I think there should be limits on the number of juniors that can get invited to each bowl (and I agree with DB that the Senior Bowl at least should remain seniors-only).
Right, every junior invited means a senior is removed from the invite list. Pat Kirwan of Moving the Chains on NFL radio attends the Senior Bowl every year said if they start getting lots of juniors they should create a junior bowl, I could see that happening in a few years, the juniors don’t have to declare they are turning pro. I also agree the Senior Bowl should just be for seniors.

Pretty lame honestly. There are a lot of seniors that really do get the chance to shine during that game. Be it they played for a bad team, exposure to NFL scouts and coaching staff. That’s a crying shame. Why not just make extra money and create a junior bowl?

I

I can see the Shrine and HBCU, but Senior Bowl is supposed to be for Seniors only.. *shrug*
Now it's the upperclassmen bowl.
I Dont Care Whatever GIF

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes