PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFC overview

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
2 weeks are in the books and certain things about the NFC are starting to clear up. I know it is still way too early to say anything definite but there are some things we can see that will matter in the overall picture

Atlanta - This team is as of now until proven otherwise the class of the NFC. It is not a wide margin but the knock against them was that they would have a super bowl hangover and come back down to earth. While they have come down to earth offensively they have not appeared to have a super bowl hangover. Their D looks good enough and unless injuries derail them they have a fairly complete team. Questions are still there on defense and I do think Ryan was a bit of a 1 year wonder and will go back to being just a good but not overly scary QB. However they are talented, young and hugry.

GB - The question all along was how is the defense going to look and will it be enough to not let the offense down? The answer from most true football fans was the defense would be the fatal flaw again. When their offense is not going full steam they are fairly average. When it is at best they are a team that will be beat by a more complete team.

Dallas - This team has the best chance to knock off Atlanta. They are still very young and immature at key spots along with an OL not being as dominant as it was. Still even with their bad game I still see a team with a lot going for it. The D has question marks but the talent was clearly visible and the young D will improve. I think this is a team poised to suffer growing pains but be stronger for it at the end of the year.

Seattle - This team looks much like the team of last year. Their OL will be a fatal issue but the rest of the team is very talented. They will have their moments and looks like a legit contenders at time when the line plays well but when they face any decent defense in the playoffs that offense will fall flat and so will that team.

Tampa - It is hard to talk about a team with just 60 minutes of tape but I think they will clearly be in the hunt for a spot and will not dissapoint as this years up and comer. Probably still too early for them but I really would like to see another 60 minutes before claiming to have any strong feel for them.

NYG - This team is going down the drain. That D is being wasted and their most important player on offense has become a cancer imo.

Of course Carolina, Detroit and Minnesota could be mentioned but i don't think any of those teams are legit though 1 will sneak into the playoffs probably.

It is very early, but I agree: right now Atlanta is far ahead of the rest of the NFC.

The offensive lines for Green Bay and Seattle are limiting their offenses. At least the Seahawks have a good defense.

There was a lot of talk about the Giants being a powerful contender in the NFC. Right now that team is closer to the Bears and 49ers than the Falcons.

Tampa Bay and Carolina look impressive so far, though their wins thus far are the equivalent of an SEC powerhouse knocking off Valdosta State and William & Mary. Either of those games could be tough for the Pats, especially the Thursday night game at Tampa.

I'll be curious to see how Dallas rebounds after last week's shoddy performance at Denver.

Philadelphia and Detroit are a couple of teams that could be decent. I'd put Washington and Minnesota a notch behind them after two weeks.

The Giants have to be the biggest disappointment, followed closely by Arizona. Seattle will win the NFC West by default. With six games against the NFCW and four versus the AFC South, the Seahawks will end up with a good record that could mask their deficiencies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back