• Bucs win by 4 or more

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Bucs win by 3 or less

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Rams pull of the third upset of the Divisional Round

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe they vest if the player leaves the team, but if he gets extended, they can roll it into the new contract...though you have to extend the player before free agency begins. Tampa Bay will likely re-up Gronk, so Suh is the only player who has that this year. It’s $6M...not that much.
thanks for the tip... well those are tampas problems... not going to worry about them

If the Chiefs make the Super Bowl, are the Rams or 49ers more likely to beat them? I remember a couple of years ago, you said the 49ers zone defense wasn’t going to hold up, and it didn’t.
Niners actually play a lot more man now, but the Rams would be a better match-up against them since they can get home with 4 rushers while dropping everyone else.

oh ya it’s his job to go one on one vs the best WR in the league

It is his job to not get caught looking into the backfield and take away the long pass. Just like JoeJuan Williams got burned in the Buffalo game. Same thing. Identical. Winfield Jr. can not let that happen. He is not that good.

thanks for the tip... well those are tampas problems... not going to worry about them

Yeah...every team does the “buy now, pay later” approach, though some teams are more aggressive because of their window to compete. But void years sound a lot scarier than they actually are. Just another method of delaying the cap hit into future years. Teams have been backloading contracts for years which creates the same effect. This just gives teams the flexibility to pay even in the years beyond when the player leaves the team...essentially it spreads out the dead cap hit.

Niners actually play a lot more man now, but the Rams would be a better match-up against them since they can get home with 4 rushers while dropping everyone else.

Yeah (if the Chiefs win), I want to root for the Niners, but I have this hunch they’d get beaten again, probably a lot worse than last time.

Brady gonna get mad he doesn’t have weapons and storm off to GB now!

Gonna recruit Westbrook and Carmelo to join him yall!

Gotta add onto that documentary now!

Bad alter ego trolling…you’re simply not intelligent enough to do it well.

If he retires he owes TB 16 million?

Sportrac says:

Tom Brady signed a 1 year, $25,000,000 contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, including a $20,000,000 signing bonus...

Contract Notes:
  • $15M of $20M signing bonus is deferred to 2022
  • If Brady retires after 2021, the Bucs will recoup $16M of the signing bonus

Ref: Tom Brady

So it seems he has only received $5M of the $20M signing bonus so far.

It also says his 2022 dead cap number is $40,925,000 so Tampa better pray he plays in 2022.

It sure seems like they have a gentleman's agreement that he'll play in 2022.

OTOH he does have ****-u money already, so if he goes off to Montana and decide he's just not into it, he can say ****-u.

Source: Tom Brady

If it is he went out in style.
Honestly I think the Bucs will lose alot of players this offseason.
Their coaching isn't good.
Brady's got nothing left to prove.
But he can't really retire without paying back that cash.

A bit of googling suggests Mr & Mrs Brady are worth north of $600M.

If not playing is what makes him and the missus happy, $5M is a small price to pay for happiness.

Last edited:
For those looking at Bucs $19M cap space, it's really only $5M because it's with just 35 players signed. They can bring back a good team but they only get to $20M or so after the easy cuts and that's without Gronkowski, Godwin, Suh, Pierre Paul, Fournette and others as free agents.

Go Rams.

Last edited:
Possibly a career changing and psychological life changing play for Stafford. Never thought he had poise. But to go deep up the gut here was good recognition and also took guts. What a play. I don't think it makes sense to ever take your FS out like that.
I don't know why people are surprised that Stafford pulled out the win. Since he came up in 2009, he leads the NFL in fourth quarter comebacks with 31. Only Brady, with 41, and Big Ben have more career fourth quarter comebacks. Thing is, almost all those come from behind victories were with the black hole of Detroit, from which no good news ever escapes.

Last edited:
people can bag on BB all they want. but he wouldve not called this play .
He would've definitely stop those 13 seconds too

Ellis Hobbs - Plaxico Burress.....
Wasnt the same play or situation. Tie game you dont let player get deep calling cover zero. Worse , dont even have it communcated well. WTF. Agreed it was a bad call in the SB too though but not the same. They were done by then before with the helmet catch.

Wasnt the same play or situation. Tie game you dont let player get deep calling cover zero. Worse , dont even have it communcated well. WTF. Agreed it was a bad call in the SB too though but not the same. They were done by then before with the helmet catch.

I'm not defending the Hobbs play. I don't like it then or now even over a decade later and also don't like that blitz today. You always keep a FS back. Inexplicable that Kupp can get a 25 yarder and then 44 yarder to win, the defense had a brainfart.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back