PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFC Championship: Eagles @ Cardinals game discussion (3pm EST / FOX) *Cardinals Win*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFC Championship: Eagles @ Cardinals game discussion (3pm EST / FOX)

That Eagles 4th down pass clearly had pass interference. Could Reid challenge that? Why didn't people upstairs automatically challenge that since it's under 2 minutes? It was pretty obvious pass interference.

Since when did the momentum of a player falling over constitute interference?

The referee, correctly, ruled that it wasn't interference because it was the equivalent of two players feet getting tangled up.

I hope the steelers dont make it either, Id be cool with either az or baltimore winning a ring.

I would be happier seeing 500cc of blood with my next BM then seeing the bounty-loving Ravens win a SB.
I despise that team.

Re: NFC Championship: Eagles @ Cardinals game discussion (3pm EST / FOX) *Cardinals W

That Non-Call is going down in legend.

Because you can't review a penalty. And if you could it would be a horrible can of worms opened.

Ah okay. But if the ref had initially ruled it correctly that it was pass interference and it was a close enough play, they would have reviewed it? Is that right?

So glad for the Cardinals, I remember what it felt like when the Pats went in 1996 after so many years of crappiness, it's a great feeling. I REALLY hope the Steelers don't win another Superbowl, that would give them the most of anyone.

Wow, what a game.... thought for sure the Cards would choke out a loss after that third quarter.

And yeah... Assante was really grinning after the game... weird.

NICE to see the Cards win and McNabb choke AGAIN.

Now, what the hell was going on with Boldin and Haley??? That incident could spell Boldin being gone, but it could also spell Boldin not being on the Pats radar depending on what happened.

Whatever. We took on Moss and Dillon - Boldin does not have either of their histories.

A number of Eagles seemed all too happy during the post game...do they realize that they LOST?
Yep. These days I think fans take winning and losing FAR more seriously than the players who go back to their mansions.

Re: NFC Championship: Eagles @ Cardinals game discussion (3pm EST / FOX) *Cardinals W

With the Cards winning the NFC this year (it feels very strange to write that), there have been 8 NFC champions in the last 8 years, with 2 superbowl wins (in bold): St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Philadelphia, Seattle, Chicago, NY Giants:mad:, and now Arizona. No Dallas among them. :) Contrast that with the Patriots making 4 SBs and winning 3. :):) Plus being extremely competitive in the other 4 seasons. Really amazing. And it shouldn't stop.

The Giants were talking about repeating and claiming their own dynasty earlier in the year. It's not so easy, maybe unless you're BB.

Since when did the momentum of a player falling over constitute interference?

The referee, correctly, ruled that it wasn't interference because it was the equivalent of two players feet getting tangled up.

It was exactly like that...except the defender reached out and nailed the WR in the back of the ankle to trip him up.

People on this board have called Pollard's hit on Brady 'deliberate'....this play was far more of a swipe than Pollard's. IMHO.

The Giants are so overrated. One and out. :singing:

Since when did the momentum of a player falling over constitute interference? The referee, correctly, ruled that it wasn't interference because it was the equivalent of two players feet getting tangled up.

I don't like the Eagles or McNabb, but how is that not pass interference? It's not the same thing as two feet getting tangled up. The Cardinals defender was falling down and desperately grabbed the Eagles WR's ankles with his hands, and altered his ability to catch the ball right before it arrived.

Last edited:

Lamar Hunt Trophy is a far bigger accomplishment than the George Hallas Trophy.

Also, if I here another reference to the Pats AFCCG vs. Indy or the SB last Feb in AZ...I will puke.

One thing watching sports has taught me:

Jesus hates Losers. You only hear the winners thanking the Good Lord.

It was exactly like that...except the defender reached out and nailed the WR in the back of the ankle to trip him up.

People on this board have called Pollard's hit on Brady 'deliberate'....this play was far more of a swipe than Pollard's. IMHO.

WTF are you talking about??? The two situations were NOTHING alike. Pollard DOVE at Brady's leg. Hood didn't dive at Curtis' legs. He fell into them. I take it you've NEVER fallen face first in your life. If you had, you'd KNOW that INSTINCT is to put your hands out in front of you. That is what Hood did.

Its mind boggling that you even tried to compare the two situations..

Lamar Hunt Trophy is a far bigger accomplishment than the George Hallas Trophy.

What do you mean by this?

I don't like the Eagles or McNabb, but how is that not pass interference? It's not the same thing as two feet getting tangled up. The Cardinals defender was falling down and desperately grabbed the Eagles WR's ankles with his hands, and altered his ability to catch the ball right before it arrived.

Hood didn't desperately grab at Kevin Curtis' ankles. He fell forward and put his hands out. Its instinct. Like ANYONE does when they fall forward. And his hands hit Curtis behind the knees.. Again, its called momentum..

Seriously, I wonder about you people.

Its mind boggling that you even tried to compare the two situations..

That poster is still right about this game's PI and you are wrong.

It is NOTHING like two legs being tangled up. The beaten Cardinals defender was falling down and GRABBED the Eagles WR's ankles before the ball arrived, tripping him.

Ah okay. But if the ref had initially ruled it correctly that it was pass interference and it was a close enough play, they would have reviewed it? Is that right?

Nope. They can't review judgment calls by the officials. As far as I know the only penalty that gets reviewed is too many men on the field, a BB challenge favorite.

That poster is still right about this game's PI and you are wrong.

It is NOTHING like two legs being tangled up. The beaten Cardinals defender was falling down and GRABBED the Eagles WR's ankles before the ball arrived, tripping him.

YOU and PittPatriot are the ones who are WRONG. You can claim all you want that it was pass interference, but it wasn't. And it is the same as two players getting tangled up. Hood did NOT grab Curtis' ankles.

Its amazing how people thing that football happens in a vacuum and that the laws of physics somehow no longer apply on certain plays.

What do you mean by this?

I was just saying it in jest. The Cards or Eagles do not hold a candle to the Steelers or Ravens. I can't remember the last time I felt the NFC Champion had a tougher road to the SB (maybe Tampa Bay a few years back).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST