PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Prediction Contest New Weekly Contest! - Patriots In-Game Predictions

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Had meant to get this done far sooner, but better late than never, I guess.

I just finished up a brand new contest that will run through the end of this year and will obviously carry on moving forward. This one will involve making some predictions ahead of each week based on a player's performance, some situations, etc. If you've ever played the NBC Predictor or some other ones, this one is similar to that.

You'll basically have five scenarios to pick, along with entering your prediction on the point total. This is separate from the "Predict the Score" contest, so you can make a different prediction here if you want to as they're not tied together.

Here's the link:

Like the Weekly NFL picks contest, make sure you check the bar at the top and make sure it's turned green to verify you've fully filled it out.

Last edited:
Made my picks!

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Made my picks!
Good stuff. I think this one will be fun, and each week will be a little different since the options are customizable. That should hopefully make it somewhat interesting.

Also, like the others, this stays open until kickoff, and yes, it will be tweaked if anyone ends up being ruled "OUT," etc. So we'll see how it goes.

pretty cool... just made my predictions... thanks Ian

I will play along!

Just checking in on this, @PATS16N0 and @venecol, you guys don't have a point total entered. So just make sure you guys update that ahead of kickoff.

Otherwise, should just be a fun thing to watch and keep up with during the game, so for those of you who haven't put an entry in, try it out as there will be a weekly leaderboard and such on this as well. :)

Great idea, but needs a few more touches:

- number of broadcast close ups of Steve Belichick picking his nose
- number of TV broadcast shots of Robert Kraft in the owner’s box
- number of TV broadcast shots of Mac Jones on the sidelines
- number of times Al Michaels mentions the point spread (TNF only)

LOL, may have to add that to something else I'm working on. ;)

One quick note, this has been added to the top navbar and slideout menu. And obviously we'll have a thread each week as well for it throughout the rest of the season and moving forward. And I'll also run this throughout the postseason to hopefully make things interesting. :cool:

great ideas. And a few more
Over under on swift shots…
Who will be shown on camera more times; Kraft, Swift….

Hey, @sb1 - same thing, you're missing a point total in yours ;)

Reactions: sb1
The progress bar at the top will tell you if you've filled it out completely. So be sure and check that before you click out ;)

Same thing on @FoxWhiskey - have to add a point total to yours as well. ;)

I just added the progress bar to the bottom above the score box to hopefully help with this and make it easier to see if everything has been filled out. Obviously, a work in progress ;)

Another note on this:

The way the scoring is done is the following:

- 5 points for each correct guess (25 points possible since there are 5 scenario options, not including the point total)
- 25-point bonus if you hit the combined point total exactly

That gives you a possible 50-point total in a given week.

Obviously, the bonus is a lot, but it also provides a big bump in the overall standings for those who are fortunate enough to get that right in a given week, especially if you've had a couple of bad weeks.

Otherwise, ties are broken based on the point differential, just like in the picks contest. So if three people got 20 points that week, the differential would break the tie, etc.

Hopefully, all that makes sense. But I already wrote the script to tally it up last night, so we should be good heading into the weekend. :cool:

this is awesome thanks

@FreeTedWilliams - you don't have a point total entered, so be sure you put that in there ;)

How do you forget how many times they pan the Kelce Box to show Taylor Swift hugging up on some other dude?

I just finished up a brand new contest that will run through the end of this year and will obviously carry on moving forward. This one will involve making some predictions ahead of each week based on a player's performance, some situations, etc. If you've ever played the NBC Predictor or some other ones, this one is similar to that.

You'll basically have five scenarios to pick, along with entering your prediction on the point total. This is separate from the "Predict the Score" contest, so you can make a different prediction here if you want to as they're not tied

You'll basically have five scenarios to pick, along with entering your prediction on the point total. This is separate from the "Predict the Score" contest, so you can make a different prediction here if you want to as they're not tied together.

Here's the link:

Like the Weekly NFL picks contest, make sure you check the bar at the top and make sure it's turned green to verify you've fully filled it out.
thanks for doing this Ian! I tried to enter the picks and total points…but the completion bar continued to show 0% throughout ….and didn’t seem to save my picks…any ideas? Thx again

how many times will the Chiefs line up offside?
How many holding calls against the Chiefs will not be flagged?

thanks for doing this Ian! I tried to enter the picks and total points…but the completion bar continued to show 0% throughout ….and didn’t seem to save my picks…any ideas? Thx again
Odd ... what browser are/were you using?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back